Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Leather in the bottle KICKS BUTT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-04, 11:03 AM
audphile1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leather in the bottle KICKS BUTT!!!!

Tried Zaino Leather in the Bottle for the first time. Kicks butt. Smell is amazing. Makes the car smell brand new. I used Lexol cleaner to get all the leather cleaned. Wiped all of the leather dry. Just waited a little til the Lexol was completely dry and conditioned the leather with Zaino. Got to say, every time I use a Zaino product for the first time, I am amazed how good it is. Starting with Z2, ZFX, Z6, Zaino Tire dressing is just really good. And now the Leather in the Bottle. Just had to share how much I like this stuff. Prior to using Zaino Leather conditioner I was using Lexol conditioner. I think it was OK as a conditioner but it smelled just like an inside of a cow. I wasn't too exited about it. But Zaino smells just like new leather. And it is not a very strong smell, so it doesn't make you sick. I will probably condition my leather now every other month.
Old 11-24-04, 11:31 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Great review! I too use Lexol cleaner and conditioner and do not like the smell of the conditioner. I use Zaino's Z2, Z6, Z7, and Z16 but have not tried the leather conditioner. Every Zaino product I have tried has been great!! Once I finish the bottle of Lexol I will make the switch.
Old 11-24-04, 03:25 PM
audphile1
Pole Position

I still have some Lexol conditioner left. I won't use it again though. The smell is just so strong. Reminds me of a smell in the circus when they bring the camels and horses out. No, actually Lexol stuff is pretty good. The cleaner is excellent. No complaints. Just the Zaino Leather in the bottle is world above the Lexol conditioner as far as the smell is concerned. It is more expensive then Lexol too, but, I did the entire interior, including dash and all the panels and probably didn't even use 1/4 of a bottle. Trick is to have a lightly damp cotton towel and you won't use as much of the stuff as you would if you started off with a dry towel. Besides, I have noticed that after Lexol conditioner, the leather could be somewhat sticky to the touch. Not so with Zaino. This stuff dries quicker then Lexol, it is not oily, not greasy at all. I highly recommend the Zaino Leather in the Bottle.
Old 11-24-04, 11:58 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

I too use Zaino's leather conditioner. The nice thing about is that you don't have to wipe off any of it off as opposed to Lexol you have to apply it, then wait a little, and then go back and use a clean dry towel to buff it out.
Old 11-25-04, 07:37 AM
audphile1
Pole Position

exactly. you don't even need to buff, cause it dries fast as opposed to lexol(if you don't wipe it off, it becomes this sticky, oily surface).