Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

White wall tire cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-04, 08:27 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Default White wall tire cleaner

It's not for my SC.

I am trying to restore our Cadillac into a fully mint condition. Does anyone have a good recommendation as to which product that I should use?

Thank you!

Jon
Old 11-24-04, 08:32 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

I always had good luck with (I think it was called) Westley's Bleech White on the raised white letter tires on my old Firebird. Of course this was 20 years ago, but I still see it on shelves.
Old 11-24-04, 08:34 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Thank you Dave!

I'll check out this product this weekend.

Jon

Originally posted by DaveGS4
I always had good luck with (I think it was called) Westley's Bleech White on the raised white letter tires on my old Firebird. Of course this was 20 years ago, but I still see it on shelves.
Old 11-25-04, 07:23 AM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave's old choice still works well, just be cautious with it on some rims and hubcaps because it's a strong acid- based cleaner, and it can stain hot metal (and even dry )aluminum if left unrinsed.

You can always use a Brillo pad in a pinch too. That way you're not hitting the tire sidewalls (and the antiozonants/carbon black that's engineered in them ) with the strong acids.
Old 11-25-04, 11:57 AM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Thank you!

I just tried Westley's Bleach and it worked great. Took off most of the stains on the whitewall (I can actually see the white ring on the tire now)

But I still couldn't achieve the "bright white" color that many details do with whitewall tires. Is there any product that I should use in conjunction with Westley's?

Jon

Originally posted by Guitarman
Dave's old choice still works well, just be cautious with it on some rims and hubcaps because it's a strong acid- based cleaner, and it can stain hot metal (and even dry )aluminum if left unrinsed.

You can always use a Brillo pad in a pinch too. That way you're not hitting the tire sidewalls (and the antiozonants/carbon black that's engineered in them ) with the strong acids.