Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

GS27 and chrome question

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-04 | 06:45 PM
brianb
Rookie

Default GS27 and chrome question

Does anyone know if GS27 works in removing fine scraches on chome wheels. I have some fine scraches I would like to improve the appearance of and keed to know if it works and is safe.

Thanks
Old 11-26-04 | 07:17 AM
Guitarman

I've never used it on chrome myself Brian, but I would *guess* it might not be the kind of abrasive needed to remove scratches in chrome. Then again, you really won't hurt it trying, aside from the possibility you'll get even finer swirly scratches and dulling .

You'd then have to get that out with some Semichrome or NevR Dull to polish it back up, and if you do, you may as well use one of those to begin with. Semichrome is a very good polish for things like that, you might want to look for it online or locally. It's a restorative polish rather than a maintenance polish.

Sorry i can't give you personal experience with the GS27 on chrome, maybe someone else can. It won't ruin the chrome, but dulling is certainly a strong possibility, even if it removes the larger scratches.
Old 11-26-04 | 05:40 PM
brianb
Rookie

I tried NevR-dull and Scratch-X. Scratch-X worked pretty well. Think I will keep putting that on there.

Any other ideas or experiences are still very welcome.

Thanks