Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.
View Poll Results: Which of the following Waxes,polishes do you like the BEST and WHY?
Mothers California Carnauba Cleaner
2.58%
Mothers California Gold Pure Carnauba
2.58%
Nu Finish
3.72%
Turtle Wax Finish 2001
1.72%
Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell
1.15%
Turtle Wax Emerald Series
1.72%
3M Perfect-IT Show Car Paste
1.00%
Collinite Super Doublecoat
0.14%
Collinite Marque D'Elegance
0.29%
Eagle One Wet Polish&Wax
1.00%
Gliptone Original Carnauba Paste
0%
Gliptone Platinum Series Paste
0%
Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax
25.64%
Meguiar's #16 Paste Wax
2.01%
Meguiar's #19 Cleaner/Wax
4.44%
Meguiar's #26 Hi-Tech
4.44%
Meguiar's Gold Class
14.90%
Meguiar's Medallion
2.44%
The Wax Shop Super Glaze Liquid
0.57%
Blitz One Grand
0.86%
Griot's Garage Best Of Show
1.15%
Griot's Garage Carnauba Paste Wax
0.43%
Prestone Bullet Wax
0%
P21S Concours-Look Carnauba Wax
4.87%
Pinnacle Paste Glaz Carnauba
0.14%
Pinnacle Souveran Carnauba
3.30%
BlackFire
0.57%
Finish First World Class Auto Polish
0%
Klasse All-in-One & Sealant Glaze
7.16%
Liquid Glass Ultimate Auto Polish
1.72%
Zymol Carbon Carnauba
3.15%
Zymol Concours Carnauba
1.43%
Zymol Titanium Carnauba
1.29%
All Of the Zaino Wax
18.19%
others that I may have miss
14.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 698. You may not vote on this poll

Which waxes,polishes do you use and why?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-06, 09:33 AM
vin 78
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I voted for Meguiar's NXT, it lasts long, easy to apply and somewhat cheap.
Old 03-15-06, 04:33 PM
Edison_Chen
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

I haven't tried PB yet, but I've heard positive comments about using PB
Old 03-15-06, 04:35 PM
yESman
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Poorboys has two terrific waxes: Natty's and Natty's Blue meant for darker color. I love both of them and they are reasonably priced...
Old 03-15-06, 04:37 PM
Edison_Chen
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by yESman
Poorboys has two terrific waxes: Natty's and Natty's Blue meant for darker color. I love both of them and they are reasonably priced...

Plus using PB's SSR polish like SSR2.5, or SSR1 with a porter cable is exellent for treating swirls.
Old 04-06-06, 08:04 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

For me, spending 6-8 hours detailing a car is pure relaxation, when I can squeeze it in. I am a big fan of the whole meguires system from the clay bar all the way up to the NXT tech wax and will think nothing of using all of them in succession. For quick detail I find the Meguires clay bar with quick detailer kit is great for prep surface work. Followed by the Meguires cleaner wax, any swirl mark remover is good to finish prep stage, Gold Class wax, Tech wax and then I use the Eagle One Nano wax (didn't see it listed) with a low speed buffer, follow closely with a coat of Liquid Glass <be careful and use sparingly as prolonged useage(years) will cause paint to experience solvent pop( small star patterns forming from underside of paint. Looks like rock chip on paint but is chemically happening from paint to surface)>, Liquid Glass is good product but it eventually suffocates paint and causes condition I just mentined to happen. Positives is a great look easy application and removal, negative is you have to dust with clean towel after removal as this product leaves alot of wax residue dust, Finish off with Meguires show car Glaze, finish detail work of rest of car (tires, windows, etc..) park in the sun to let surface warm up and bake applications away from trees, and those pesky neighbors and get your sunglasses out cause the shine will kill ya. LOL!!!! This is not a regular routine for me, but when I have time to squeeze it in, you know where to find me; shining up....wiping down.
Old 04-11-06, 10:31 PM
06LexIS
Driver

I use Zaino products on all my cars. After a few coats you'll see the amazing reflection, it just keeps getting better, water beads off for ever. I used to be a Meguiar's believer until I found Zaino
Once this CA weather clears and I place a few coats on my car, I'll post pictures.
Raf
Old 04-12-06, 05:24 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The new Blackfire Wet Diamond is pretty sweet. Glass-like shine, NO work. Similar to Zaino, but not cheap either. Better than NXT.
Old 05-06-06, 05:27 AM
ralsty
Rookie

I like the Blitz Wax when I could detail my car frequently. Now days the Blackfire twice a year is excellent stuff.
Old 05-24-06, 05:01 AM
CVsIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a nice base coat of wax on your ride, the Meguiar's Quick Wax works real well for a quick upkeep after a basic washing.

CV
Old 05-28-06, 11:30 PM
TRD0524
Driver School Candidate

All the products I use are Autoglym (IMO The best lineup). Radiant Wax Polish is their sealant wax + Polish. I use it because it cleans fallout, can be used in the sun, can be buffed on and buffed off. I can use it on exhausts, wheels, interior wood pieces, glass. It can be used in easy steps and I do not need to use excess product or buy different products like Megiuars. Another good thing is it stays like that for 2-3 weeks, the car still looks detailed. No need for Quik Detailers, etc....Just get a clean microfiber and buff the dust off the car. It still looks clean and does not scratch.

Its not a Pain in the *** to use, and i can detail my or any car in 2-3 hours including claying the car. If i take longer it is usually because I am colorsanding or buffing a car.

Autoglym is the official product lineup of Aston, Ferrari, Bentley, etc and has the seal of the royal crown.
Old 06-02-06, 11:58 PM
kingpinOLD
Driver School Candidate

Default autoglym

Ya I use Autoglym too. Easy to use wax. Simple steps of putting on and buffing off. It leaves an excellent shine.
Old 06-11-06, 06:29 PM
yESman
Lead Lap

Plus using PB's SSR polish like SSR2.5, or SSR1 with a porter cable is exellent for treating swirls.
Yes indeed. SSR2.5 is a very long time favorite swirl remover of mine. Great stuff.
Old 06-15-06, 05:29 AM
Oceanedge
Driver School Candidate

Default Blackfire for the win!

I've used BlackFire for over a year now....I love the Polish because it is mild and it has a Glazing Effect built into the product which saves me a step and makes the car look very deep and wet!

BlackFire Wet Diamond is an awesome sealant....www.blackfireusa.com
Old 07-15-06, 03:28 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

I've used NXT, Zymol, and now I'm only using Zaino products. Nothing is as easy as Zaino in applying, short time to wait for wax to be applied/reapplied, and the shine/gloss is ridiculous. I started using it after a friend that works at a Ferrari dealership said they use Zaino on their showroom cars. If a Ferrari uses it, I think it's worthwhile for my Lexus

I also wax my window to see if it removes potential waterspots as well as dust free... and it does work. Try half the window and wait until it rains, or the next time you wash your car. You'll see the water just sheen off the glass.
Old 07-15-06, 04:55 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

+1 for collinite

i love it, it is so durable
seems to last almost forever...
well for more than half a year at least

Quick Reply: Which waxes,polishes do you use and why?