Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Anyone else try the new Zaino Z2 Pro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-05, 02:34 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,268 Likes on 1,377 Posts
Default Anyone else try the new Zaino Z2 Pro?

Just had my car detailed with it today, I usually have Z5 on the car. Caveat - My detailer did it for me, so I can't comment on ease of application. It smells the same as Z5.

Observations:
- 'deeper' shine
- definitely has more flash than Z5, the car really pops
- it reveals the true nature of the paint surface more than Z5. This is the part I'm not sure about yet. My paint with Z5 looked shiny with good mirror-like images, but with the Z2 Pro I most definitely see more orange peel in the paint. The images are brighter and shine better with the Z2 pro, but they are broken up more by the slight orange peel reflections. I've never seen that with my paint before with all the products I've tried. I see more waves in the fiberglass of the Ugo roof spoiler.

I'm going to keep an eye on it under different conditions to decide if I like it better or not. My detailer is going to contact Sal and ask if we can layer Z2 Pro and Z5 together to come up with the best of both worlds.

Pictures tomorrow - we've got a Lexus meet and I know we'll snap a bunch. so I didn't take any tonight.

Anybody else try this product?
Old 02-25-05, 03:40 PM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been a big Zaino user for a couple years and the new Z2 Pro is awesome, better than ever.

I don't use the Z5 anymore, I use a polish to get rid of the swirls and then use Klasse AIO as a base for my Z2 Pro, very happy with the results.
Old 02-25-05, 03:50 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

OK, so I couldn't wait for pics and snapped a couple in the garage even though it was getting dark.

You don't see the orange peel effect so much in this one,

But can see it some in the second (not as good as I'd like after reducing size of pic, but not loading the full 5mp pic to REALLY see it, lol). Look at the house in the reflection and you can catch a bit of it.
Old 02-25-05, 05:01 PM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll have to try it on my other car Dave, and see how it compares. My black Super Coupe has no orange peel (I colorsanded it flat) so it will be interesting to see how noticeable a difference it yields vs Z5.

Sounds like a very clarifying product, but with a possible drawback to its efficiency at said clarification, as you are finding out.

I have a fair amount of Z5 left, but I'll have to order the new product just to try it. Thanks for the input.
Old 02-25-05, 05:17 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW Dave, great pics ! I didn't even know Zaino came out with Z2 pro ! Did you combine that with the ZFX? I had great success with ZFX + regular Z2..
Old 02-25-05, 07:53 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by D-MAN63
WOW Dave, great pics ! I didn't even know Zaino came out with Z2 pro ! Did you combine that with the ZFX? I had great success with ZFX + regular Z2..
Yep, I actually prefer the look when combined Z5 / ZFX vs long sitting layers of Z5. Yes Terry (my detail guy) mixed Z2 pro and ZFX for this application.
Old 02-25-05, 11:35 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 359 Likes on 229 Posts

Dave, you have finally found something that is "too good".

The images are brighter and shine better with the Z2 pro, but they are broken up more by the slight orange peel reflections. I've never seen that with my paint before with all the products I've tried. I see more waves in the fiberglass of the Ugo roof spoiler.