Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

New Zaino Z-8 detail spray

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-05, 11:12 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
I guess I can order off their site. I havent used Zaino before so what are the Zaino products I should buy to start the waxing process? Also anything other than wax that you recommend from zaino?

I just bought the Zaino pro kit and must say this is some great stuff just wish you could buy this stuff in gallon sizes . You say this stuff is rather pricey? But hey were driving a Lexus things just aren't cheap any more. Rich you'll be glad you spent the $125 on this kit. It really is a great product and the shine it gives off after a fresh wash and wax you'll be saying the same thing. Oh one other thing I forgot to tell you about this stuff start to finish will take about 5 hours so start early. (wash, claybar, wash, wax, mist and wipe down)
Old 04-28-05, 04:08 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply everyone. I realize we are driving lexuses but I want to make sure a product works well before I spend the money on it. I also want to try different waxes to see what I like. I really like the NXT wax and think it works well but from what other members have told me the Zaino products give you much more depth. That is what i am looking for. I will be ordering this real soon.
Old 08-19-05, 09:48 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Used the Z8 this week after 4 coats of Z5 and the car is shining like crazy. That Z8 is some slick stuff and you can really feel the difference when running your fingers across the car. Gonna put a few more coats of Z2 on this weekend and inbetween coats wipe down with the Z8 to see how big a difference there is. I'm as giddy asn excited as a 10 year old school-girl.
Old 08-19-05, 10:33 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been using Z8 since it came out and it is so much better than Z6. It lasts longer and is way more smooth feeling, really makes your paint slick. I will use up my existing supply of Z6 and only use Z8 in the future. The only down side is the cost, it is more expensive but I think it is worth it!
Old 08-19-05, 10:48 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, at $20 a pop, it's not exactly cheap, so I decided that during polishing, I'd use the Z6 inbetween coats and for the final spray after all coats are applied, I'd use the Z8. I'll use it after washes as well.

My paint felt new and smooth and I could't stop running my hands over the car.
Old 08-22-05, 05:08 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chicagoblknazn
Yeah, at $20 a pop, it's not exactly cheap, so I decided that during polishing, I'd use the Z6 inbetween coats and for the final spray after all coats are applied, I'd use the Z8. I'll use it after washes as well.

My paint felt new and smooth and I could't stop running my hands over the car.
Great idea, I think I will do that as well. I know how you feel, I am sure people think I am crazy but I am always running my hands on it as well just to feel how silky it feels. Even my wife said she loves to feel the door handle on her X5 becase of how smooth it feels with the Z8.

Has anyone tried the new Zaino's Z-PC? I tried it this weekend on my wife's X5 back door (it had some marks in the clear coat I could not get out) and I was very impressed, really worked great and "erased" all the marks on the door leaving a smooth like new finish. Here is the link:
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino

Last edited by CdeFabio; 08-23-05 at 01:40 PM.