Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

New Zaino Z-8 detail spray

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-05, 05:31 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New Zaino Z-8 detail spray

Zaino Show Car Polish Releases Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal

Howell, NJ (April 5, 2005): Zaino Show Car Polish ("Zaino") announced the release of a revolutionary new detail spray identified as "Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal." Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal represents the epitome of Zaino's industry-leading polymeric technology, and promises to raise the bar for all detail sprays.

"Traditional detail sprays utilize ancient technology," said Sal Zaino, president and founder of Zaino Show Car Polish. "Grand Finale is completely new and unlike anything you've ever seen. Think of it as Z-6 [a quick detail spray from Zaino] on steroids."

Boasting more than twenty-five new technologically advanced ingredients including specialized polymeric protectants and robust optical enhancers, Grand Finale excels where other detail sprays fall short.

Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal was designed to work in conjunction with existing Zaino Show Car Polishes, such as Z-2 PRO, Z-3 and Z-5. Beta testers have reported weeks of increased shine and improved durability from a single application of Zaino Grand Finale, but Sal Zaino warns that Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal isn't for everyone.

"It's an amazing product, but it's not going to be for everyone. We specifically designed this product for the most discriminating detailer - the pickiest of the picky," he said. "Ideally, Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal will be used before an important car show, when the user requires additional shine, depth and gloss. Or, it might be used prior to a road-trip, as Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal offers incredible durability and slickness."

Zaino suggests that Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal only be used for special occasions, and that for normal day-to-day detailing duties users continue to utilize Zaino Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray. According to Sal Zaino, the Z-8 Grand Finale has far too many specialized polymers to justify it for daily use. The polymers provide enhanced optical qualities, along with additional durability and slickness. Z-8 Grand Finale does not replace Z-6 Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray, Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal takes detailing to the next level.

The increased durability and slickness offer additional protection against such items as: bugs and bug stains, environmental fallout, harsh winter elements, UV damage from sunlight, and more. Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal also includes a unique dust repellant to help keep vehicles cleaner, for longer periods of time.

Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal is incredibly easy to use. The user simply sprays a small amount of product on a cool, dry surface, then buffs the surface to a streak-free, super slick, and extremely glossy finish. And thanks to Zaino's revolutionary polymeric protection system, Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal will "lock in" that show car shine for weeks.

In direct, head-to-head competition between Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal and four other quick detail sprays, Zaino easily came out on top in categories for: gloss, shine, depth, reflectivity, clarity, and durability. "We didn't design it to be like other quick detail sprays," said Sal Zaino. "We designed it to be the best, and we're confident that it is."

Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal is available now at Zaino's online store (www.zainostore.com), by telephone at 888-999-9870, or through authorized Zaino distributors. Technical questions or media inquiries should be directed to: 732-833-8800.

Thank you,
The staff at Zainostore.com

I have not tried this yet but it sounds really great, although pricey, $20/bottle. Has anyone else tried it? If so, how does it compare to the Z-6. I really love the Z-6.

Last edited by CdeFabio; 04-06-05 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-06-05, 06:30 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

My local Zaino distributor had some that Sal sent him and used it on my car about a month ago. VERY slick stuff, nice shine. we only did my hood the one time (and now the hood is off my car and replaced with another one) so I don't have any long term observations.
Old 04-06-05, 08:19 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Zaino'd my car this past weekend for the first time, and the shine and depth on the car was amazing. Everyone said the car gliitered and sparkled because of the mettalics in the paint. The car is smooth to the touch and that shine......you have to see it, man.

Gonna put a couple more coats on this weekend. The Z-6 is great too, but I'm excitied about trying the Z-8.
Old 04-06-05, 08:22 AM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They're certainly not resting on their laurels are they..., I've just been using the new Z2 Pro and I'm quite impressed (which ain't easy to do), so I'll have to check the spray out now. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-06-05, 08:31 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

This is great news, I have been a Zaino user for over 4 years now and cant wait to try this out !!
Old 04-07-05, 06:21 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Dan,

Is there a local distributor in FL that you go to, or do you order from the Zaino site?

Rich
Old 04-08-05, 08:23 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Zaino is strictly mail order
Old 04-08-05, 08:35 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by chicagoblknazn
Zaino is strictly mail order
There are local distributors in many cities (I have one in Charlotte) where you can get it direct. I'm sure there is one in Chicago. You can call / email Sal and ask.

Quick google (although a little old)
http://www.ls1.com/forums/archive/in.../t-329068.html

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread...no+distributer

Last edited by DaveGS4; 04-08-05 at 08:40 AM.
Old 04-08-05, 02:47 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I guess I can order off their site. I havent used Zaino before so what are the Zaino products I should buy to start the waxing process? Also anything other than wax that you recommend from zaino?
Old 04-08-05, 05:07 PM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FWIW, I know it's mainly semantics, but technically Zaino sells nothing with wax in it, it's all polymer engineering science.

Rich, I would start simple, all you really need is Z1 and Z2pro. Done.

I used those alone years ago, then gradually spent a bit more for the car shampoo and detail spray, tire gloss etc. It's always best to order as many things as you can afford though, because you have to pay a flat rate shipping charge that will be the same for 2 products or 10.

It can get $$$, but it doesn't have to either. Start simple and if you like what the stuff does, then get a bigger order next time. Cheers.

BTW, I do order direct from the Zaino website.
Old 04-08-05, 08:49 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks dan for the info. Im sure I will like it as there are TONS of threads of members singing the praises of the ZAINO I have become less than impressed with the NXT wax over the last few applications and think zaino is calling my name.

I guess I use the term Wax loosely.
Old 04-25-05, 05:05 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

I tried the Z8 this weekend and it works great!! Feels just like when you finish using the Z2. It is basically Z6 but with more slickness. Really gives your car a great finish. I am now waiting to see how long it lasts.
Old 04-27-05, 08:47 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

So you use this inbetween waxes to keep up the shine correct? I use the NXT detailer spray but when I get the Zaino I will probably buy there stuff, even though it is rather pricey. I have heard nothing but great reviews about this product
Old 04-28-05, 05:24 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
So you use this inbetween waxes to keep up the shine correct? I use the NXT detailer spray but when I get the Zaino I will probably buy there stuff, even though it is rather pricey. I have heard nothing but great reviews about this product
I use it after each wash. It restores the slick finish that the Z2 gives you and really makes the car shine! I believe it also makes the Z2 finish last longer and offers some additional protection. Really great stuff!!
Old 04-28-05, 09:08 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

I'll be ordering me some tomorrow

Quick Reply: New Zaino Z-8 detail spray