Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Kozak Cloth

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-05, 06:21 AM
kojakrx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kozak Cloth

http://www.kozak.com/item-kozak_cloth.htm

Does anyone use this? What are your thoughts? I used it in the past on my Honda Accord, and it was great wiping up dust and adding back a bit of shine. But am I doing more harm than good?
Old 04-21-05, 08:11 AM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kinda scary IMO. I see products similar to this and don't quite get around the "laws of physics' thing, with dry wiping a dirty car and expecting the grit to magically disappear without scratching the paint. There HAS to be some frictional contact if any pressure is applied, and that's NOT a good thing.

OK, I'm a skeptic, but until someone proves me wrong, I'll stay on the safe side and prefer water or a lubricator ( i.e. quick detailer ) with a microfiber or cotton towel or wash mitt.

I think something like that will appeal to the "average Joe" but not an enthusuast that worries what's going on, on a micro level.

Not to say you're wrong for liking it, but I really DO believe you're adding swirls to the car. Now...could I be wrong? Sure, wouldn't be the first time.

I just can't get around the science aspect though, which is clearly counter-intuitive. Cheers.
Old 04-21-05, 11:57 AM
kojakrx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your feedback... To be honest, I never used it on a dirty car, just a dusty car. I wouldn't even use it after the rain, since I agree, that would probably be too abrasive. On dust, it would do a great job, and add a bit of shine back in. Great for going over the car in 5 minutes...
But I will heed your warning. Swirls are the last thing I want on my RX.