Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

The Brushes

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-05, 07:10 PM
jfelbab

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
Default The Brushes

I just got back from an extended road trip yesterday and the front of my Lexus was coated with smashed bugs. I immediately thought of the new Meguiar's brushes. I'd been looking for an opportunity to try these new brushes and this seemed like the time.

I used the X1030 Body Brush for the first time and I was a bit nervous but after seeing that it didn't scratch and did a great job at removing the bugs I'm sold. The bristles on this brush are so soft that It's hard to believe it is a brush. This brush made reaching the roof of my RX330 much easier as well.

I finished the body panels with the X3010 Ultra Plush Wash Mitt. This mitt holds lots of suds and pulls the dirt from the paint and keeps the paint from being scratched. A very fine mitt, IMO.

I had picked up some road grime on my wheels and tires on this trip. I pulled out the X1010 Tire Brush and scrubbed away. The brush is well made with softer bristles around the rim of the brush to protect the wheel from scratches. It made short work of the grime on the tire. I used the X1160 Wheel Spoke Brush to wash the hard to reach areas on my wheels and the X1025 Wheel Face Brush to finish the grime removal. These new brushes are a pleasure to use and makes removing the grime much easier than anything I had used previously. They removed all the grime easily and didn't scratch the wheels.

To summarize, Meguiar's has introduced some excellent automotive brushes. They work great and are well priced. These tools make the detailing job much easier and as I get older I like easier. I highly recommend these brushes to everyone.

I ran short of daylight so I'll finish the detail tomorrow with some NXT Paste wax.

I'll post a few pics tomorrow.

Old 05-24-05, 11:39 PM
inkblot
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You sound like you write for a detailing web site!

Great reviews! Thanks for the info.
Old 05-25-05, 06:52 AM
jfelbab

Originally Posted by inkblot
You sound like you write for a detailing web site!

Great reviews! Thanks for the info.
In a way I guess I did. I also posted this review on the Meguiar's forum.

I have a tendency to gush when I find products that I really like. I should also tell you that I've been detailing vehicles for over 45 years and I've used a lot of auto products through the years so I'm not easily impressed. I love products that really make the job easier.
Old 05-25-05, 03:12 PM
jfelbab

As promised here are some before and after pictures of the RX330.

Lots of Bugs

No more bugs.

Today I finished the detail and applied a coat of NXT paste wax. The paint looks very glossy and the metallic flakes just pop out at you in the sun.

I also tried Meguiar's Insane Shine tire shine and found it way too shiny for my Lexus but it is just what I'm looking for on my Toyota MR2.

Tire before

Tire after

MR2 Tire
Old 05-25-05, 03:27 PM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man, that brush really got the job done. I've got to get myself one of those. Bug season has started in Colorado.

What car wash soap do you use? I figure the soap is equally important. I normally wash my car at a drive-thru car wash, but looks like bug removal will have to be a hand job.
Old 05-25-05, 06:23 PM
jfelbab

Originally Posted by HarrierAWD
Man, that brush really got the job done. I've got to get myself one of those. Bug season has started in Colorado.

What car wash soap do you use? I figure the soap is equally important. I normally wash my car at a drive-thru car wash, but looks like bug removal will have to be a hand job.
I usually use Meguiar's Gold Class Wash or NXT Tech Car Wash.