Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

car cleaning tips??

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-01, 07:18 PM
tmasta
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey everyone.. i was just wondering what everyone does to keep there car clean? like leather cleaners...bug removers.. waxes.. any tips would be appretiated!!! Thanks!

-T
Old 06-21-01, 07:35 PM
gsnav
Lead Lap

Check out www.carcareonline.com, they have really good articles on cleaning and also, in pdf too.

I use the P21S Auto Shampoo, One Grand Blitz Wax applied by hand, P21S Polish, and P21S wheel cleaner. Thinking of using Pinnacle Wax, which is the best wax out there, hands down!

GsNav@clublexus.com
Old 06-21-01, 07:52 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up Meguiar's Deep Crystal System..

As far as wax is concerned I have been using Meguiar's 3 step process for waxing.. I have no complaints and the results are just great and long lasting.. Zaino is very popular with the guys on the forum.. Haven't had an opportunity to use it but not sure if I want to wait around for hours between steps..

As for as washing I like Eagle One Wet Car Wash.. Very foamy to avoid scratching your car..

As far as protecting and beautifying your tires nothing is better than Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance Gel..

Hope that helps!
Old 06-21-01, 08:28 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Meguiar's Deep Crystal System..

Originally posted by 2SAVVY
As far as wax is concerned I have been using Meguiar's 3 step process for waxing.. I have no complaints and the results are just great and long lasting.. Zaino is very popular with the guys on the forum.. Haven't had an opportunity to use it but not sure if I want to wait around for hours between steps..

As for as washing I like Eagle One Wet Car Wash.. Very foamy to avoid scratching your car..

As far as protecting and beautifying your tires nothing is better than Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance Gel..

Hope that helps!
Yes 2SAVVY, me and you are on a common threshold . All my cleaning products are Meguiars, but I want to try ZAINO as alot of people are raving about it here.

Though 2SAV, I am only using the meguiars "Gold Glass" line of wax. I am not using the 3 step thing. You ever used just one step wax? If so, how much difference from that to your 3-step that your doing now?
Old 06-21-01, 08:41 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Re: Meguiar's Deep Crystal System..

Originally posted by DIESELMAN63

Yes 2SAVVY, me and you are on a common threshold . All my cleaning products are Meguiars, but I want to try ZAINO as alot of people are raving about it here.

Though 2SAV, I am only using the meguiars "Gold Glass" line of wax. I am not using the 3 step thing. You ever used just one step wax? If so, how much difference from that to your 3-step that your doing now?
Hey Diesel,

Well I tried the Gold Class and the one thing I didn't like was it didn't take out the fine scratches that you tend to get from time to time.. Step 1 in the 3-step does a great job of cleaning the paint surface for the polish then the final step of carnuba wax.. Plus they all smell good according to the wife.. LOL

One good tip if you use the 3 step buy a sponge applicator (Wash it out between steps).. Makes a big difference!

I'm with you in wanting to try Zaino but I have no idea where I can get my hands on the stuff up here.. Oh well i'll stick to what I know and like I suppose..
Old 06-21-01, 09:15 PM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Before Zaino

Diesel - I used the Meguairs 3-step ( cleaner; polish; & wax ) before I changed to Zaino & thought well of it. I noticed the same thing as Savvy about the Gold Class swirl product - it didn't seem to work well at all but the wax was nice! The only 1-step cleaner/wax I've used is also from Meguairs but I wouldn't use it on my black GS because of the lack of clear-coat. It worked OK on the wife's old white Camry though & I was too lazy to do a multiple step procedure!
As far as Zaino availability, it's easier to just get it directly from them instead of trying to find a distributor. Hit www.zainobros.com. BTW - it's the initial treatment of Zaino that's the most labor intensive ( figure on a full weekend! ). After that, it's not too bad unless U want multiple coats of the product - then the waiting gets to ya!!:eek:
Old 06-22-01, 01:20 AM
Aristov3o0
Pole Position

If any body is intrested I have some good Japanese cleaning supplies:

Scratch clear wax: Special formulated urethane risen easliy erase minor and micro scratches and swrils, spoiling original paint, and redtores glossy color.$18.99

Newing wax: The exclusive designed hard wax paste wax for new cars(1 to 3 years) with easy o use formulations offers satle use on delicate paint surface of new cars a gives ultimate gloss afterward. Leaves no wax build-up and no white powdery residue on car body. UV resistant is combined.$19.99

Body compound: for taking off minor swirs and scratches
$6.99
Surface smoother: removers small particals from cars paint and makes it smooth $11.99

for more info e-mail at : aristov3o0@aol.com
Old 06-22-01, 04:54 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

2Sav, Mean gene, thanks for the quick review of the meguiars products . yeah , the only wax that I have used is the Gold Glass line. I will try the 3-step process and after that Zaino !

Thanks for the website MG !
Old 06-22-01, 10:23 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Default Zaino..

Mene Gene,

Thanks for the Zaino website.. I think I might use the Zaino on the SC when it arrives.. I shouldn't need to clay the SC since the paint should be perfect.. Well it better be..
Old 06-22-01, 12:27 PM
clivej
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys
Hey Dieselman63, i notice you are in nyc so am i and i get my zaino products from Dave, he is the distributer in nyc, give him a call his # is 718-745-1442.tell him clive from wall st. recomended,you can work out details with him.You will NOT regret using this product,words cannot describe my satisfaction with the product.My car is a 98 gs4 black (non-clear coat).
Old 06-22-01, 01:57 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by clivej
Hi guys
Hey Dieselman63, i notice you are in nyc so am i and i get my zaino products from Dave, he is the distributer in nyc, give him a call his # is 718-745-1442.tell him clive from wall st. recomended,you can work out details with him.You will NOT regret using this product,words cannot describe my satisfaction with the product.My car is a 98 gs4 black (non-clear coat).

Clivej, thanks u are the MAN !