Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Waterspot Paint Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-05, 12:53 PM
Raz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Day

I wanted to report back to you on the results of my problem eradication. First let me begin by saying that the car in question was not a Lexus...Instead it was a 2005 CLK 320 Mercedes that my daughter purchased less than 2 months ago. I tried all the suggestions that were made and had minimal success. I then turned to Mercedes and the complete and total lack of Customer Service was incredible. Only through personal contacts was the problem finally resolved. The entire car had to be wet sanded to remove the spots and today looks like the original finish. I immediately applied NXT to be sure that there was protection for the near future.

I currently own a 2006 GS300 AWD and had the paint sealed and I couldn't be happier with the results after a false start with the application. However, the difference between Lexus and Mercedes is that Lexus did not question a thing and made everything right...to my and there satisfaction.

Customer Service by Lexus is #1 and the rest can "keep trying harder"...

I'll be meeting with the Mercedes dealership in Lynnfield, Ma. later today to express my displeasure.

Thanks again to all of for your suggestion and advice.

Lexus Rules!!!!!!!

Raz
Old 07-05-05, 02:39 PM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you got it resloved, Raz, sorry they had to resort to wetsanding. Hopefully they were very brief / light with the wetsanding because it CAN shorten the life of the paint if they remove more than .3 of a MIL. The UV inhibitors reside in the upper .5 MIL near the surface, so.... Once your remove most or all of it, the longevity of the paint diminishes greatly.

Because the dealer did it for you, they were likely trained and should know the drill on that, but for the rest of CL with oem paint, wetsanding should always be a last resort before repainting.

Again, happy to hear they did what was necessary for you.