Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Fiber-Works microfiber towel review

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-05, 08:18 PM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fiber-Works microfiber towel review

David K. of Fiber-Works.com contacted me about him sending out some samples of his Fiber-Works towels, and with procedural help from DaveGS4, I agreed to post the review here based on complete objectivity, good or bad. So here goes...

I received 3 towels, each approximately fifteen and 1/2 inches square and each a 70/30 blend. One was blue, (a flat weave ideally suitable for windows) one was light green with a common, medium loop, and the last was orange, and VERY thick & plush on one side.

I used them on a gold color Honda Oddessey minivan that had been clayed, and had a layer of Meguiar's NXT on it as well.

I tried the medium weave / loop green towel on the dried NXT, and it buffed off easily, with none of the tiny fibers catching or sticking on the paint (some cheap MF towels will do this). Then I used the plush orange towel, which has the plush side, and a medium or common loop on the opposite side. The plush side is very nice, both sides will work, but the plush side feels really good, and does the trick. I really liked this towel a lot.

The blue towel was as soft as the others, and seemed suited to glass (IMO) though it could double for many other exterior and interior duties as well.

I tried all three on my black car, and in the sun saw no observable swirling when using them with a quick detailer. They are indeed high quality towels, and leave no residual shedding, at least on my test vehicles (which again, were clayed and smooth).

I would say they compare favarably with the Pakshak towels, I doubt anyone that's used those ( myself included) would be disappointed in theFiber-Works towels. I give them my thumbs up. I will have to find out from David on the pricing, so everyone can see how they compare in price.

Last edited by Guitarman; 07-31-05 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-01-05, 04:25 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great review Dan. Hopefully they will become a CL vendor here and we can get some great prices
Old 08-02-05, 12:50 PM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's what David has told me regarding pricing;

As for the pricing: we currently have a lot of our products on sale/specials. I'm not sure how long that'l last for, but they might want to take advantage of that while they can. We also offer a free gift for orders over $50.
More here;

http://www.fiber-works.com/