Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Meguiar quick detail

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-05, 07:21 PM
STR8-UP-G
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meguiar quick detail

Anyone have any pointers on how to use this product. My car is black and looks really nice after a wash, but this only lasts about a day. My car gets dusty real quick. If i just spray liberally on my car and spread with terry towel and wipe dry. will it do more damage than good. The last thing i want would be swirl marks. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-02-05, 07:42 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 340 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by STR8-UP-G
Anyone have any pointers on how to use this product. My car is black and looks really nice after a wash, but this only lasts about a day. My car gets dusty real quick. If i just spray liberally on my car and spread with terry towel and wipe dry. will it do more damage than good. The last thing i want would be swirl marks. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks
Buy a California Car Duster, and dust the car down. Then use the quick detailer. If your car has a nice coat of wax on it, then you wont even need to really use the car duster. Use microfibre instead of terry cloth if you are still worried.
Old 08-02-05, 08:57 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The thing about dusting is that you run the risk of scratching your cars finish.
Old 08-02-05, 11:13 PM
STR8-UP-G
Driver

I hope guitarman chimes in on this one. This is what i do. I spray a section of my car with the quick detailer. Then i gently spread the solution and fold the terry cloth to a dry section and gently wipe it dry. After that i apply a coat of NXT wax and the car looks like a gem. Will I end up with swirls in the long run? This is the car i have to tend to the most. I dont even spend half as much time on my other cars and they are still beautiful
Old 08-03-05, 04:07 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spray one section at a time then spread it over the whole area with one microfiber towel and then remove with another microfiber towel. I used to use the terry cloth towel but the MF towels work so much better, they are definately worth their price.

I also spray the detailer in between coats of wax. This seems to help bring out the shine more
Old 08-03-05, 05:20 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by STR8-UP-G
I use the new Meguiar's Quick Detailer applicator(X3060). This is a large bone shaped sponge covered with thick pile, plush microfiber.

Use Meguiar’s thick pile Microfiber Quik Detail Pad with NXT Generation Speed Detailer, Quik Detailer or any spray & wipe detail product to collect and trap dust with amazing absorbency...
Old 08-08-05, 03:46 AM
superpats
Lexus Test Driver

Always do it in the cool shade. Use microfiber. Turn towel to dry side for final buff out or use 2 towels. I treat it as the same way I wax. Wipe from front to back (bumper to windshield)on the hood, roof and trunk then wipe up and down on the vertical panels (doors & quarter panels).
Old 08-24-05, 11:46 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

I use a microfiber towel to apply and another to remove. I also do not spray the car but instead spray the towel.

I've used this Meguiers stuff a few times byut once my Zaino Z6 and Z8 came in, I went back to using those. I didn't really like the Meguiers spray detailer.