Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Used Poorboys World Wheel Sealant

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-05, 02:02 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Used Poorboys World Wheel Sealant

I used the Poorboys World wheel sealant on my new iForged wheels. I cleaned the wheels and used mothers billet polish (because I couldnt find the NXT locally) and then applied 2 coats of the poorboys. This stuff works wonders. Where I park at work I usually get a layer of dust/dirt on the lips and had to wash the wheels every other day to keep them clean. Now the dust just flies off by the time I get home. It is a petroleum based product so things dont stick to the wheels, including brake dust. I can honestly say this product is definately worth it. It really makes cleaning the wheels very easy. The product resists heat better than a wax so it wont break down quickly like a wax. I expect to get 3 to 4 months out of those two coats.

The site I bought them from recommends application every 6 months but I think I am going to do it every 3 months. There is enough product to do about 10 coats to my wheels. If anyone has problems keeping their wheels clean I really recommend this product

http://secure.detailedimage.com/Merc...ory_Code=Wheel

This is where I got it from. Great guys to deal with and very helpful

Rich
Old 08-05-05, 04:06 PM
49GS400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So how does this work? You put the sealant over the polish. What are your impression on how it affects the shine of the polish, if any?

I'll definitely look it into this. Thanks for the write up.
Old 08-05-05, 04:58 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You clean and polish the wheels first and then apply the sealant. I didnt affect the shine at all, but you have to do light coats, dont just pack it on. It was very easy to use but I applied it to one wheel and then took it off before moving on to the next wheel.

I applied with a MF towel and then removed the product with a yellow flannel towel. I am definately sold on this product