Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

I want that lexus smell back....

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-05, 09:41 AM
jazba
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I want that lexus smell back....

So like an idiot i left some food in the car and when i got in the car a few days later, it wasnt smelling so nice anymore. The smell is faint now but still is there. I used to have this relaxing lexus leather smell everytime i got in the car...

Anyone know how to get that back???
Old 08-16-05, 10:11 AM
superpats
Lexus Test Driver

I'd begin by vacuuming your carpets and then cleaning and conditioning your leather . That should help some. My car always smells like new whenever I vacuum out my interior.
Old 08-16-05, 03:26 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by arey kya
So like an idiot i left some food in the car and when i got in the car a few days later, it wasnt smelling so nice anymore. The smell is faint now but still is there. I used to have this relaxing lexus leather smell everytime i got in the car...

Anyone know how to get that back???
Start by cleaning it well. Make sure there isn't anything left anywhere. Leave the windows open for at least 24 hours. The coup de gras is to apply Zaino Z10 Leather conditioner to all of the leather surfaces. The car will again have that "like new" leather smell.
Old 08-24-05, 11:43 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lkirchner
Start by cleaning it well. Make sure there isn't anything left anywhere. Leave the windows open for at least 24 hours. The coup de gras is to apply Zaino Z10 Leather conditioner to all of the leather surfaces. The car will again have that "like new" leather smell.

Zaino Z10 will do it for ya, no joke....that stuff smells like gold. I used it for teh first time last week.
Old 08-29-05, 04:50 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chicagoblknazn
Zaino Z10 will do it for ya, no joke....that stuff smells like gold. I used it for teh first time last week.
does it leave a glossy look on the black leather? cause im not to crazy bout that look..
Old 08-29-05, 08:39 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Someone should bottle the 'Lexus smell' and sell it! I'd buy some!
Old 08-29-05, 10:34 PM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Turtle Wax leather cleaner gives my Lexus the nice leather smell everytime. Use it once every 3 months.
Old 08-29-05, 10:58 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tuddy
does it leave a glossy look on the black leather? cause im not to crazy bout that look..
I have an ivory interior and I hate anything glossy except my tires.....and Z10 dries opaque with no slickness or shine.
Old 08-30-05, 09:42 AM
Macc
Rookie

Is the zano better than letherique http://www.leatherique.com/products.htm ?? I was just going to order some of the Leatherique.

TIA
Old 08-30-05, 01:19 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Macc
Is the zano better than letherique http://www.leatherique.com/products.htm ?? I was just going to order some of the Leatherique.

TIA
I have used Leatherique for years. The Zaino Z10 is strictly a conditioner and not a cleaner. I use the Z10 for a quick conditioning but I will go back to Leatherique when something needs a good cleaning.

Unfortunately Zaino is getting away from what the do best---taking care of paint. I would not be surprised to see them starting to offer things like auto vaccum cleaners, floor mats and Zaino fuzzy dice.
Old 08-30-05, 01:33 PM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Macc

TIA
The Zaino Z8 cleans pretty good and really tightens up that leather, but I use it weekly, so it's rather expensive for me. I more then likely will end up using another cleaner, perhaps Leatherique. The bottle offered by Zaino is rather small....and with gas at $3 I need to economize.

The Z10 I will certainly always use and I will use the Lexol to REALLY condition them on days when I can let the car sit overnight after a cleaning.
Old 08-30-05, 02:04 PM
Lvangundy

Replace the interior plastics and the seats. That will make it smell like the factory I would think.