Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Want quicker way to polish lips.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-05, 11:04 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Want quicker way to polish lips.

Ok, so I'm quickly growing tired of Polishing my lips every couple of days and haveing these tough stains still there. I get most of them out but I just hate rubbing so hard. Is their a device I can buy like a buffer with a certain pad that will make this easier for me to apply and than take off ? Also I'm getting haze left over on my lips after rubbing so hard. Any help would really be appreciated..
Old 09-25-05, 12:41 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think the haze is coming from the cloth..and the dust

which means your lips are now scratched in a million places...

this might help?/

http://secure.detailedimage.com/Merc...Code=WheelCare
Old 09-25-05, 10:40 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Adrian, I polish my wheels about 1 every 6 weeks, and I dont have any stains. I use the mothers billet polish, the more expensive kind, polish the wheels with that, and then I apply 2 coats of Poorboys World Wheel Sealant. This stuff is great. Brake dust and dirt wont stick to it, and if it rains when I get home I just hose the wheels off and come out about an hour later with some clean water and a flannel towel and clean the wheels. Takes all of 5 minutes. If there are any water spots I just wipe with water and they disappear. Pretty easy to use. I got it from www.detailedimage.com Great place to get stuff from. It is very easy to put on and take off.

When I first got my wheels I was having to polish the lips every week. Then I found this stuff and just polished them again yesterday after 6 weeks of just using water to clean them. And this product wont break down with the heat. If you want I can bring some to the NOPI meet in Bradenton for you to try. Once you get the wheels clean you can try this
Old 09-25-05, 11:28 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
Ok, so I'm quickly growing tired of Polishing my lips every couple of days and haveing these tough stains still there. I get most of them out but I just hate rubbing so hard. Is their a device I can buy like a buffer with a certain pad that will make this easier for me to apply and than take off ? Also I'm getting haze left over on my lips after rubbing so hard. Any help would really be appreciated..

Mothers has a new sponge type of applicator that is mounted to a drill, I have seen the commercials on TV
Old 09-25-05, 01:59 PM
mikeyboy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Mothers has a new sponge type of applicator that is mounted to a drill, I have seen the commercials on TV
D, where can we get that from
Old 09-25-05, 02:17 PM
yESman
Lead Lap

I can vouch for the Poorboys Wheel Sealant as well. I usually wash with P21S Wheel Gel, rinse, clay (ultrafine if you have some), then apply the wheel sealant with an edgeless 16x16 from Exceldetail.com I finish up with an ultrafine mf or a plush towel of some sort.

For deep cleaning I have had great success with the new P21S Polishing Soap.
Old 09-25-05, 02:22 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikeyboy
D, where can we get that from

right here
http://www.mothers.com/products/prod...ower_prod.html
Old 09-25-05, 09:31 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by yESman
I can vouch for the Poorboys Wheel Sealant as well. I usually wash with P21S Wheel Gel, rinse, clay (ultrafine if you have some), then apply the wheel sealant with an edgeless 16x16 from Exceldetail.com I finish up with an ultrafine mf or a plush towel of some sort.

For deep cleaning I have had great success with the new P21S Polishing Soap.

Im glad someone else has used the poorboys products. I found that after applying the poorboys wheel sealant it was 1000x easier to keep clean. When I first got the wheels I was having to polish them every 5 to7 days, depending on the rain and how much I drove. Then I got the wheel sealant and polished it twice before applying and then didnt have to repolish the wheels for 6 weeks. I was amazed at how well it worked. To me this stuff is worth its weight in gold.
Old 09-25-05, 09:33 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikal

This looks like it may be a great product. I cant wait to read the reviews on this
Old 09-26-05, 08:17 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you guys so much, I drove thorugh some mud in the rain and couldn't wash the car so the next day the lips were stained real bad. I tried with my nxt but that didn't do the job. I swear if this doesn't work I'm going to have to chrome the lips...thanx guys.
Old 09-26-05, 06:23 PM
mikeyboy
Lead Lap

Bluelex,
Thats going to cost you alot of money, PM me i can tell you how you can get the stains out yourself bro
Old 09-26-05, 07:16 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikeyboy
Bluelex,
Thats going to cost you alot of money, PM me i can tell you how you can get the stains out yourself bro

Heck dont hide divide, go ahead and share the knowledge with the rest of us.
Old 09-26-05, 07:56 PM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

if you have raw aluminium polished wheels the hazy look is from the aluminium oxidizing... so sealing it is a good idea if you hate polishing wheels for 1/4 of your life...

most aftermarket wheels are not raw polished aluminium so its not everyones problem
Old 09-27-05, 06:31 AM
yESman
Lead Lap

Im glad someone else has used the poorboys products.
It's a great line, one of the best. I hear they are bringing a leather cleaner out soon...
Old 11-19-07, 11:24 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

I have a lot of brake dust stuck in between the face and the barrel. (I have a two piece wheel) I tried squeezing the sponge and brush in between and rubbing, but the damn thing won't come off. btw. i used the regular car soap by meguire.

Any tool/special soap i should use to get rid of all the old brake dust in a tight spot?

Quick Reply: Want quicker way to polish lips.