Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Need Help!! Spilled Cell-Tech???

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-05, 05:06 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Help!! Spilled Cell-Tech???

I was wondering if anyone has ever spilled Cell-tech from GNC on their carpets and how they removed it. I tried Oxy, hairspray, Oops B-Gon, steamed iron and none got it off. I need help.

D
Old 09-27-05, 07:03 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may be able to reccomend something because I run a commercial cleaning company. However I don't know what cell-tech is?
Old 09-28-05, 08:58 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Hey thanks Camil..
Cell-Tech is Creatine w/ some red glucose for sugar in it so it stained my back seat carpet when I had it detailed. I've tried everything. What do you suggest?? I am determined to get it out. Some dye coming.
D
Old 09-29-05, 05:21 AM
camillian
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Firstly you have to be cautious of the color of your carpet? Some carpets will lose their color with certain chemicals, this is called color fastness. You need to find a chemical from a local janitorial supply house that contains tannin. This removes stains like blood, ink , urine, tar etc...
Again you would have to test in a hidden area for color fastness. Lastly I hope you haven't set the stain in with the other chemicals you tried. If you did your final chance would be to re dye the carpet with the color of your carpet to match.

Hope this helps
Old 09-29-05, 06:42 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

I got it.

Thanks.