Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Liquid Glass VS. Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-05, 06:58 PM
camillian
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liquid Glass VS. Zaino

Has anyone tried Liquid Glass and how does it compare to Zaino? I used Liquid Glass over 15 years ago when I had my Vette. I am now using Zaino on my white sc430, but my neighbor just put 3 coats of liquid glass on his black car and wow!!! It looks great
Old 09-28-05, 08:01 PM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LG is an older type acrylic polymer, but a lot of people like it, for it's look and the fact it's redily available on store shelves.

Zaino..well, you'll have just as many or more people favor it. It's subjective like all things in this idiom, though IMO the Zaino will be a bit more durable and will give a "different" type of visual appearance. Some like, some don't. I used LG years ago and that's what I glean from my experience. Either way you're doing well for your car.
Old 09-28-05, 08:34 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

I use Liquid Glass, Zaino, and Meguires Yellow #26.

I tried Zaino but couldn't see the effort and work worth the results so I switched back to Liquid Glass.

In the past I have used Liquid Glass for 2 waxings and then Yellow #26 for added depth, gloss, and protection. When the #26 wears off I go back to LG for the next 2 and then on to #26 again.

Have done this with my previous cars and most people think I have a brand new paint job when they see it regardless of car make... had the same effect on my Vette, 300z, and now the GS.