Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Mequiars Quik Spray, does it work?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-05, 10:29 AM
saelee39
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mequiars Quik Spray, does it work?

i was wondering if the mequiars quick spray really work? i really want my black gs to look good without having to machine buff it. or what spray products do you use? thanks.

Last edited by saelee39; 12-16-05 at 10:29 AM. Reason: dfsf
Old 12-16-05, 10:42 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 348 Likes on 242 Posts

I use the Meguiars Quick Detailer spray and I think it works great. It gives a nice shine after a wash and in between waxes/polishes. Just make sure you don't overuse it, and use a quality microfiber towel to apply. Make sure the microfiber towel is NOT polyester based.
Old 12-16-05, 12:32 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

I use it as well. Works fine. Its just a regular spray wax. Keep it looking good between waxes.
Old 12-16-05, 02:31 PM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

How well will it work if you have not waxed the car in 6 months? Should I get it waxed first then use it between washes? I am just use to only having my cars detailed every season.

Also, has anyone here ever used or contimplate using the New Power Ball from Meguires? I just purchased a new set of 20" iForged wheel with the lips polished and the inserts are chrome, I like to have that shine and luster in the wheels at all times.

Thanks guys for your input, didn't mean to Hi-Jack this thread, but I am only looking for advise.

Revhard191
Old 12-16-05, 02:44 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Revhard191
How well will it work if you have not waxed the car in 6 months? Should I get it waxed first then use it between washes? I am just use to only having my cars detailed every season.

Also, has anyone here ever used or contimplate using the New Power Ball from Meguires? I just purchased a new set of 20" iForged wheel with the lips polished and the inserts are chrome, I like to have that shine and luster in the wheels at all times.

Thanks guys for your input, didn't mean to Hi-Jack this thread, but I am only looking for advise.

Revhard191
It will still work if you haven't waxed in a while. Like Magneto said, it's pretty much just a liquid spray wax. In essence, it is a coat of wax. It's just a VERY light coat that will not last long. I suggest putting on a coat of wax before you use it. Do not substitute it for wax, its just a great product to keep the shine between waxes. Do not use it between washes, only use the quick detailer after thoroughly washing the exterior of your car. Using the quick detailer on a dirty car will most definetely bring about swirl marks and scratches.
Old 12-16-05, 02:48 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Dedicated customer of Meguiar's Quick Detailer spray here. I always keep a bottle and a few rags in the trunk at all times (great for spot details)
Old 12-16-05, 03:06 PM
saelee39
Pole Position

how often do you guys use this spray? would it be safe if i use it everyweek, after i wash my car?
Old 12-16-05, 05:53 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

I use it every week after I wash. It helps me get rid of any water spots I may have left after I dry, like when water drips out from the door handles/mirrors/gas cover/spoiler. I wait 2 hours after I dry it, then do a 10 minute quick detail. I do this every time I wash, which is close to once a week except when it gets cold.
Old 12-18-05, 11:27 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by saelee39
i was wondering if the mequiars quick spray really work? i really want my black gs to look good without having to machine buff it. or what spray products do you use? thanks.
Your 6 year old BLK GS will not look its best unless you properly prepare the surface. Any wax will look good on a properly prepared surface, even the best wax will NOT look good if the surface is not prepared. Look at your car in the sunlight, is the finish free of swirls and scratches? Rub your fingertips lightly over the surface. Does it feel smooth and glassy or is it rough or gritty feeling. Once you properly prepare, preserve and protect the surface, one of the quick detail sprays is an excellent way to maintain the fresh wax appearance after washing or to clean up the unavoidable bug or bird bomb.
Old 12-19-05, 08:49 AM
wally719
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DetMich1
Your 6 year old BLK GS will not look its best unless you properly prepare the surface. Any wax will look good on a properly prepared surface, even the best wax will NOT look good if the surface is not prepared. Look at your car in the sunlight, is the finish free of swirls and scratches? Rub your fingertips lightly over the surface. Does it feel smooth and glassy or is it rough or gritty feeling. Once you properly prepare, preserve and protect the surface, one of the quick detail sprays is an excellent way to maintain the fresh wax appearance after washing or to clean up the unavoidable bug or bird bomb.
i definitely agree...i am a zymol junky though. it is really expensive but i am a stubborn believer in you get what you pay for. i also like that they are all natural and my girlfriend likes the way my garage smells when i am done.
Old 12-19-05, 11:45 AM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by saelee39
i really want my black gs to look good without having to machine buff it.
Like everyone else has stated it works great when used for its designated purpose. , But it isnt a replacement for regular waxing and or buffing .And its not a replacement for washing either. Wich alot of people do. Its actually a step in addition to regular care , and it definately cannot be overemphasised that you NEVER want to use it on a dirty car.
Like NYLex , i too wash my car religiously once a week , and most of the time i follow with a spray on type wax. And really i would say if you're someone that washes your car less frequently than every other week , you probably wont be as happy with the results , and definately if you have oxydized paint you are wasting your time.
Old 12-20-05, 11:44 AM
Mattress
Pole Position

Its winter time... i use meguires Mostly with all of my products.... Yet waxing should be done at least twice a month in my opinion... me, i wax my car about 3-4 times a month; yet, i use that spay wax from megs inbetween--about 2 times a week right after washing my car. The regiment i use keeps my 98 gs looking like an 05; better yet, it looks down right Georgeous.

p.s. you know your car is waxed properly and very well when an item just slides off the car... or toss a terry towel on the hood and watch a towel fly

Last edited by Mattress; 12-20-05 at 11:48 AM.