Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Dirty dirty Lexus interior

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-06, 05:24 PM
Shortz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirty dirty Lexus interior

hey what do u guys think would be better.....if i took the car to the detail shop.....or clean it myself i mean who ever had the car before me....must have neever ever ever cleaned the inside.......i mean it is filthy dirt in the cracks dirt and oil marks and brown stuff on the carpets........**** it took me 3 hours just to clean the carpet and floor mats by myself........i did it the loooooser way.....i sprayed the hole carpet with turtle wax carpet cleaner spray and was scrubbing the calories away.......=(..........i feel like if i take it to the detail shop they wont clean the parts you dont really see.....cuz its sum major **** in there.......oh well.......maybe i shoulda never bought the car.....but for 4000 bucks and a 95 es300 with 78000 miles and a clean title and no dents......i couldnt resist =(
Old 01-07-06, 03:15 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I recommend Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner. In no time, you'll see a big difference between what your leather interior used to be and afterwards

http://www.lexol.com
Old 01-08-06, 04:10 PM
yESman
Lead Lap

I like Zaino Z-9 and Z-10 better than Lexol personally.

Also, I just got some Leather Stuff from Poorboys to try which I may do tomorrow.
Old 01-09-06, 02:16 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Lexol is awesome stuff! use it every other month or so and be sure to let it sit over night for best results Used it on my SC, Tundra, Impala SS, and Benz great results! Couldn't really tell on the SC though because it was babied by a filthy rich trohpy wife before me and detailed twice a month at Lexus
Old 01-09-06, 11:03 AM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used fast orange to clean my seats, and then lexol leather conditioner to finish it up. My seats are 100x better looking.

My leather is 10 years old to boot. The drivers seat use to be real dark and every wrinkle was thick of dirt, it was nasty. My seats look brand new now. I just wish i had took some pictures before i started cleaning
Old 01-09-06, 12:45 PM
jmblimo
Pole Position

In the past I have heard of using hand cleaner to clean leather seats. Do you use the smooth type or the kind with a little grit in it? I asume you rub it into the leather and rinse it with a water soaked towel?
Old 01-09-06, 01:57 PM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fast orange is a hand cleaner with sand in it, its mainly used to get oil off your hands. But theres nothing in it that can hurt your leather, infact i used it for my doors as well and just wiped some vinylex on top of it to give it some uv protectant.

All you need to do is put some fast orange on your fingers and massage it into your seats or door panels. then wipe it away with a clean damp terry cloth towel. Do this a few times over areas that really need it, I went over my seats twice with fast orange. Then dry off your seats and add conditioner, and let the conditioner set for 24 hours while your car is in the sun. the heat makes your leather absorb the conditioner better. After 24hrs wipe down the seats untill there is no shiny excess.
Old 01-09-06, 02:13 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Great tip write-up on the Fast Orange I'll have to experience that on my seats the next time around.
Old 01-09-06, 04:05 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Shortz
hey what do u guys think would be better.....if i took the car to the detail shop.....or clean it myself i mean who ever had the car before me....must have neever ever ever cleaned the inside.......i mean it is filthy dirt in the cracks dirt and oil marks and brown stuff on the carpets........**** it took me 3 hours just to clean the carpet and floor mats by myself........i did it the loooooser way.....i sprayed the hole carpet with turtle wax carpet cleaner spray and was scrubbing the calories away.......=(..........i feel like if i take it to the detail shop they wont clean the parts you dont really see.....cuz its sum major **** in there.......oh well.......maybe i shoulda never bought the car.....but for 4000 bucks and a 95 es300 with 78000 miles and a clean title and no dents......i couldnt resist =(

Invest in a quality steam cleaner. I have one. Its made by bissel. its really a good investment...Spend $100 or so and get a good one, steam clean it, and then do the turtle wax carpet cleaner. make sure to only use white towels.
Old 01-14-06, 09:33 PM
ShaneC
Lexus Champion

i just bought some Meguiar leather cleaner / conditioner. so far i cleaned the arm rest and head rest in my gs, man it works pretty darn well. i haven't tried other leather cleaners before so i have nothing to compare it to but i have happy with the out come. $7 for a new leather look aint bad.

i say you should clean the car yourself (if its possible) if you get the right tools and cleaner it should be easy.