Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

First Time User of Zaino....WOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-01, 05:26 PM
Phil
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my 2002 430 (hell, I ought to relax, don't think they have even begun production on them). Knowing that the first thing I would do is wax my new jewel, I conducted research as to the best automobile wax available (I checked out the forums for Lexus and Corvette). But, being a 59 year old guy with a lot of experience taking care of the cars that I have owned, I decided I would check out Zaino products.

After spending $117.50, UPS delivered Zaino to my door step. I needed a guinea pig - ah hah, my wife's '99 Honda CRV. I jumped on it. The process took a while, but everything went on, and came off, easy ("wipe on, wipe off" as my wife said). I could actually see results right away. I knew the clay process because I used Griot's products and the Honda was already in good shape. But I followed all of the steps, from washing with Dawn to application. Yesterday, I finished with Z5 and Z6 as the closer. It never looked better!!! This morning I put on a coat of Z2 and Z6 and it blew me away. The paint is dark metallic green, so it really glistened. WOW!!! It really blows me away that "shiny" can get "more shiny". Know what I mean? I can't wait until tomorrow to put on another coat of Z2 and Z6. I love this stuff!

I have already told the dealership that when my Lexus comes in, TO NOT use anything on it, that I will detail the body. Period. They understand.

Thanks for listening fellas. I had to share this with you because I bugged some of you with dumb questions, but got terrific answers. The product works and is money well spent (even if on a lowly Honda.. LOL). And a BIG thanks to Sal for creating such a fantastic product! I want to become a Distributor now (Please, Sal).

Phil

Last edited by Phil; 08-14-01 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-15-01, 12:18 AM
Stephen
Pole Position

Great stuff huh Phil?
Old 08-17-01, 08:52 PM
michaelcorbett3
Driver School Candidate

I've owned 39 cars. I've used Zaino's and every other product known to man. Nothing comes close to Toughguard. Best shine bar none, lasts for years, not weeks or months. (I don't know of anything that lasts months, actually, except this Toughguard stuff.) And it's slightly cheaper than Zaino's with a 5 year no wax guarantee for new cars, 2 years for used. But, there is, as they say, a seat for every behind, so enjoy the Zaino's and good luck with the new 430.
Old 08-18-01, 12:19 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

michael,

where can i get "toughguard", and ~how much do they run?
thanks.
william
Old 08-18-01, 12:30 PM
michaelcorbett3
Driver School Candidate

William (et al),

You can find Toughguard on the web at Toughguard.com and you can call them at 888-452-2122. It's about $100 and it's enough for two applications or four years worth if you have a used car. Each application has a no-wax guarantee period of two years on used cars. This stuff outshines, outlasts, out protects any product I've used and I've probably used them all over the years. Nothing wrong with Zaino, but it can't stand up to this stuff and it's a LOT less work.
Old 08-18-01, 02:55 PM
Phil
Driver

Being as I am so new at using Zaino, and love what the results have been, is there anyone out there that has used Toughguard and switched to Zaino, or visa versa?

HCV I would like to hear your comments on this post.

Phil