Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Shining Monkey products are here...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-06, 09:11 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Shining Monkey products are here...

Man my GF is the shiat... Today for V-day she got me some wax,polish,car wash, and tire shine from shining monkey...

My question is what do i use to get the old wax off the car? What brand of clay bar do i use? I really don't want to keep putting layers of wax on the car... I've waxed the GS a few times with my Pinnicle wax kit and thats almost gone so I'm ready for the new stuff... Thanks guys for your help..

Tony
Old 02-14-06, 01:34 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Palm Olive dishwashing soap works for me. Basically any dishwashing soap that's supposed to cut through grease should work. As for clay bar brands, it's up to you...I use Mothers.
Old 02-14-06, 05:18 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Dawn dish detergent!

Dawn, is what most of us use to strip the wax ! Tony, there is a sticky in the detailing section that gives a play by play way to get the ultimate shine! I'm waiting until my car returns from the body shop and I plan to do the same thing! I am going to invest in the porter cable 7424. I have heard nothing but good things about it and it will save me time and give me a shine that the hand cannot ! Meguiars has a clay bar kit that is supposed to be pretty good! Let me know how these products work for you!-wringo
Shining Monkey products already,Tony! Your girl is a keeper on that alone!(laugh ) Lol!
Old 02-14-06, 07:30 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by wringo
Dawn, is what most of us use to strip the wax ! Tony, there is a sticky in the detailing section that gives a play by play way to get the ultimate shine! I'm waiting until my car returns from the body shop and I plan to do the same thing! I am going to invest in the porter cable 7424. I have heard nothing but good things about it and it will save me time and give me a shine that the hand cannot ! Meguiars has a clay bar kit that is supposed to be pretty good! Let me know how these products work for you!-wringo
Shining Monkey products already,Tony! Your girl is a keeper on that alone!(laugh ) Lol!
Thanks wringo.. I think I'll try the Dawn method.. It seems a bit easier than trying to clay the whole car by hand.. I was also thing about calling the manufacturer about waht to do... but I'll give Dawn a try.. Yea the GF is pretty cool.. She knoes how much i luv cars and my Garage is filled with cleaning products...

Tony
Old 02-14-06, 08:02 PM
yESman
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please post a review with pics on these products. I've never heard of them and would like to learn more.
Old 02-15-06, 11:15 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Thanks wringo.. I think I'll try the Dawn method.. It seems a bit easier than trying to clay the whole car by hand.. I was also thing about calling the manufacturer about waht to do... but I'll give Dawn a try.. Yea the GF is pretty cool.. She knoes how much i luv cars and my Garage is filled with cleaning products...

Tony
Tony, the claying and using the Dawn is two different things! The dawn is only going to strip the paint of all the wax and grease! The claybar you would need to rid your paint of all overspray paint, brake dust particles,and grime that are in your paint! A good test to use would be to use some selafain(plastic wrapper from cigarette pack)! Rub your paint with a few fingers and see how it feels.Then use the selafain in the same area (putting your fingers inside the wrapper and rubbing the paint in the same area )and see how it feels.You should notice the difference in the feel! You will feel the grime that's in the paint! This is how show cars are judged for paint flaws!( An older genteleman taught me this!) If you want the showroom shine and smooth feel you should clay it as well! Let me know how it works! -wringo
Old 02-15-06, 11:37 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by yESman
Please post a review with pics on these products. I've never heard of them and would like to learn more.
Shining Monkey products are based out of South Florida and are used by many members in the CL family! I've never used them, but hear they are pretty good with some stuff! I thought they had a website?-wringo
Old 02-15-06, 07:49 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by wringo
Shining Monkey products are based out of South Florida and are used by many members in the CL family! I've never used them, but hear they are pretty good with some stuff! I thought they had a website?-wringo
Yea i type in the website and nothing comes up? I beleive my GF ordered the products from slickcar.com.. I ordered the Detailer Spray yesterday and got it today... SO now i have the wax, polish , and detail spray...

So wringo, Your saying wash the car with Dawn and then clay the whole car? Any suggestions on what clay bar to use.. I've read either Mcquires etc... Thanks for your help..

Tony
Old 02-15-06, 08:31 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Yea i type in the website and nothing comes up? I beleive my GF ordered the products from slickcar.com.. I ordered the Detailer Spray yesterday and got it today... SO now i have the wax, polish , and detail spray...

So wringo, Your saying wash the car with Dawn and then clay the whole car? Any suggestions on what clay bar to use.. I've read either Mcquires etc... Thanks for your help..

Tony
Tony, I would do it that way! It may take up some of your time ,but you will be happy afterwards. I want you to try the selafain trick as well! You will feel what I'm talking about! -wringo
The meguiars clay kit would do the trick for claying!

Last edited by Wringo; 02-16-06 at 08:17 AM.