Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Meguiars NXT great stuff

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-06, 10:03 AM
V8Lexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wash and wax once a month so in that case im not too worried about the longevity of it. not to mention the NXT is so much easier to use and doesnt need any prep other than a clean surface.
Old 05-30-06, 12:48 PM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by V8Lexus
i wash and wax once a month so in that case im not too worried about the longevity of it. not to mention the NXT is so much easier to use and doesnt need any prep other than a clean surface.

I'm the same way but that's why I like Zaino, the added benefit of additional layers, even a month at a time. The only prep required with Zaino is the initial Z1 (excluding ZFX) which only takes 15 minutes, after that it's the exact same process as NXT, wipe on, let haze of dry and wipe off. How often have you used Zaino? What additional prep are you referring to?
Old 05-30-06, 04:02 PM
V8Lexus
Rookie

im talking about the prep you just described :-). not to mention the other extremes some zaino users go to. anyway im not saying zaino isnt good stuff im sure its awesome. but this thread is about NXT. so lets try to focus on that. i only mentioned zaino cause someone else brought it up.
Old 05-30-06, 10:27 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The title of this thread is Meguiars NXT great stuff. It invites debate on that topic. Hence the instant Zaino posts.
Let's not say or imply that NXT is the BEST stuff, and I think everybody is happy. NXT is good price/performance, and probably better than 95+% of the products out there, which means that it is 'great' stuff. It clearly is not the best in longevity. To me, longevity is the most important factor.
I've recently found Blackfire Wet Diamond to be better than NXT, but not as good as Zaino. Blackfire has a Zaino shine, but allows more stuff to stick, and doesn't last quite as long.
Old 05-31-06, 07:26 AM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by engin_ear
The title of this thread is Meguiars NXT great stuff. It invites debate on that topic. Hence the instant Zaino posts.
It was actually the original post by Shawnmack that was comparing it to Zaino.

QUOTE=V8Lexus]not to mention the NXT is so much easier to use[/QUOTE]

And it's these subjective statements that keep the debate alive. I think Zaino may even go on faster than NXT
Old 05-31-06, 08:25 AM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I started using the NXT in Feb. At one time I thought it sucked. Then I started experimenting. I started using the Meg. gold class car wash dried the car, I QD the car with Meg. QD or Z6, I put a thin coat of NXT on it let it dry wiped off , Then next day (if it don't rain or car isn't real dirty) I put Mg. nxt QD and another coat of NXT and I'm getting great results very slick nothing sticks to my car even when it rains. Matter of fact I'm doing 4 lovely looking women autos about once a month. Since Feb I have been on the same bottle and I do my car every week or less. I'm seeing my face in the paint on a silver car I like Zaino a lot but cost and it is hard to catch the guy who sells it at his shop. I don't no about durability because I use my technigue every week even though I don't need too but I hate a dirty car.
Old 06-02-06, 11:24 PM
V8Lexus
Rookie

perhaps if it said "meguiars nxt, what do you think?" that would be inviting debate. anyway ive yet to try zaino since i cant find it in the store hence the "easier to find/use nxt". ive never had to go online and order nxt. in fact if i woke up and decided i wanted to wash my car but i had no nxt left i could drive down to the local auto parts store and pick some up. could i do that with zaino? snowballs chance in hell i could. as for the debate as to which is better?
bring it on.
Old 06-03-06, 07:37 AM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Guys - another thread about Zaino just got closed because it went down this same road.

Frankly, in the last 3 years the Zaino vs NXT thing has been hashed and re-hashed ad nauseum on boards all across the internet (most notable, Autopia). I really don't think there is much to add to the debate, so perhaps dropping it is the best idea.

Results with LSP's are almost entirely subjective, it's important to keep that in mind.

Moving on...
Old 06-05-06, 06:56 AM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by V8Lexus
anyway ive yet to try zaino since i cant find it in the store hence the "easier to find/use nxt".
LOL, my bad, LOL