Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

nxt tech wax

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-06, 05:14 PM
blknfury
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nxt tech wax

i was using nxt tech wax and i put the first coat on but dont know how long i should wait to put the second? im guessing 24 hours from the first coat.
Old 03-13-06, 05:35 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 410 Likes on 285 Posts

Apparently you can put it on immediately after, I don't think the NXT will layer itself, a second coat will just give you a more even coating. If it does layer, then 24 hours is enough time to wait.
Old 03-13-06, 08:45 PM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

12 - 24 hours in between coats is ideal.
Old 03-18-06, 11:39 AM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I waited 24 bhours on mine
Old 03-18-06, 12:56 PM
jfelbab

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Sealants like NXT need up to 12 hours to crosslink. During that time it is best not to disturb the product. This means keeping it dry too. I typically apply a second coat of NXT the second day. Disrupting the crosslinking process will leave you with less protection and shorter product life.
Old 03-18-06, 02:57 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by blknfury
i was using nxt tech wax and i put the first coat on but dont know how long i should wait to put the second? im guessing 24 hours from the first coat.

NXT has come cleaning ability. It wont layer itself as a whole second layer. It'll probably take some of the original layer off and replace it with itself. Essentially, you're not getting that 2nd layer you're hoping for.

The only time you will want to apply a second layer with NXT is to make sure that you've applied everywhere that you may have missed with the first layer
Old 03-22-06, 07:00 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How long does a single coat of NXT wax last on average? And can it be sealed with a sealant such as Klasse Sealant Glaze?
Old 03-22-06, 08:43 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I have not used the NXT but from people I have talked to it is not the most durable product but it is so easy to use many don't care. Klasse Sealant Glaze (SG) will not bond to NXT. I would not recommend using SG over anything except Klasse AIO or SG. It will far outlast NXT or just about any other product.
Old 03-22-06, 12:56 PM
jfelbab

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by SGT
How long does a single coat of NXT wax last on average? And can it be sealed with a sealant such as Klasse Sealant Glaze?

Hard to say how NXT or any wax will last for you. For me, in my environment, I easily get three months from NXT.

I''d not try to use a different sealant on top of another brand of sealant unless you just want to experiment. Many do try to apply a pure carnauba over a sealant, however. For a vehicle facing a along harsh winter this might extend the protection. I wouldn't use this approach for a vehicle you intend to detail every three months but that's just me.
Old 03-22-06, 01:12 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

How long any product last will depend on the condition, temperature, environment, etc.

I've seen NXT last from 3 weeks to 3 months. It varies a lot. But like OutlawTita said, its so easy to use, people dont really care how long it lasts.

For me, I dont care about how long a wax will last. I detail every 2 weeks so durability doesn't matter to me.
Old 03-23-06, 01:21 PM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
How long any product last will depend on the condition, temperature, environment, etc.

I've seen NXT last from 3 weeks to 3 months. It varies a lot. But like OutlawTita said, its so easy to use, people dont really care how long it lasts.

For me, I dont care about how long a wax will last. I detail every 2 weeks so durability doesn't matter to me.
Thats me I put a coat of the NXT every 2 weeks its so easy to put on are those wheels polished or chrome?
Old 03-23-06, 02:56 PM
drck1000
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used NXT Tech on our Sienna van last weekend and it worked really well. Easy to apply and easy to buff. It stormed the next day and it beaded really well. It also stormed this morning (5 days later) and still beading really well and this car is left uncovered full time.

Something I noticed by accident. After I was done buffing off the residue, I was cleaning some wax residue off of the black plastic rear view mirrors. The van is 7 years old and the plastic is showing that age. I noticed that the buffing residue left on my buffing cloth actually cleaned the plastic up really nicely and make it nice and shiny and restored the dark black color. I had applied Mothers Back to Black previously and it didn't last. The residue from the buffing cloth worked really well. No white haze and still nice and shiny this morning after almost a full week left out in the rain.