Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

303 Aerospace is awesome!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-06, 09:32 AM
GUNRU-GS4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 303 Aerospace is awesome!

Just wanted to share my new favorite detail product. I bought some of the 303 Aerospace protectant from properautocare.com and tried it yesterday. I couldn't be happier. I've always used Armorall type products for all the vinyl and plastic and it just makes it greasy and attract lint. The 303 Aerospace restored my black interior to look like brand new again. Its has absolutely no greasy type residue. I wish I would have found about this years ago.
Old 03-20-06, 05:22 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I use it on all the rubber in the auto... Under the hood with all the black plastic panels and rubber hoses.... On the CV boots using a small sash brush... Suspension bushings ... All the door, hood and trunk seals.... Very satisfied with the results. It is nationally supplied thru Ace Hardware stores...
Old 03-20-06, 05:42 AM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree, it's my favorite. It's not cheap, but in a niche where there are many, many choices, I feel it still has no peer in terms of quality and performance..

The only thing that will disappoint some is the lack of a "bling" type shine. It gives a new look, kind of satiny, but not that super glossy look some folks want.
Old 03-20-06, 06:08 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Great product.......I bought a gallon (expensive but will last forever) and one of the best things about 303 is its versatility. It can be used for many things around the home....anything with rubber, vinyl, or coated leather. I recommend spraying directly onto towel to apply product and lightly buff with clean towel to remove any residue and leave a matte finish. This product has no equal for UV protection.
Old 03-20-06, 09:04 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Good, I will have to pick up a bottle of this. I've been using some stuff the dealership uses (P10), but I ran out awhile ago. I will need to try this.
Old 03-20-06, 10:42 AM
drck1000
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. I use it for my dash and leather and also use it for dressing the tires. For the dash, it leaves a nice finish without being highly reflective. For the leather, it doesn't leave it super slick or shiny. I still use the Lexus cleaner and conditioner, but I also apply the 303 and plan to reapply ever 3 weeks or so. Get a LOT of UV exposure here.

For the tires, it seems to keep it's finish well and it's been raining a lot here lately. I also have Meg's Endurance Gel, but for now it's 303 on the tires.

I agree with the recommendation above to apply via spraying on an applicator pad or MF towel. When applied 303 to my dash the first go around, a little overspray splatter for some black plastic trim that I didn't notice and wasn't able to work in. The result is a spot on the black trim. That's easily taken care of with another wipe with 303, but until you're able to do so, it looks like a water spot stain. Nothing major, just being picky.

Great stuff. I also have purchased the Fabric Cleaner and a sample of the Spot Remover came with my 303 Protectant. Have yet to try those yet. My dad's truck as some dirt and grime on the carpet and will try those on that and see how it goes.
Old 03-20-06, 01:18 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by drck1000
I agree. I use it for my dash and leather and also use it for dressing the tires. For the dash, it leaves a nice finish without being highly reflective. For the leather, it doesn't leave it super slick or shiny. I still use the Lexus cleaner and conditioner, but I also apply the 303 and plan to reapply ever 3 weeks or so. Get a LOT of UV exposure here.

For the tires, it seems to keep it's finish well and it's been raining a lot here lately. I also have Meg's Endurance Gel, but for now it's 303 on the tires.

I agree with the recommendation above to apply via spraying on an applicator pad or MF towel. When applied 303 to my dash the first go around, a little overspray splatter for some black plastic trim that I didn't notice and wasn't able to work in. The result is a spot on the black trim. That's easily taken care of with another wipe with 303, but until you're able to do so, it looks like a water spot stain. Nothing major, just being picky.

Great stuff. I also have purchased the Fabric Cleaner and a sample of the Spot Remover came with my 303 Protectant. Have yet to try those yet. My dad's truck as some dirt and grime on the carpet and will try those on that and see how it goes.
My experience with 303 is that it is great inside the vehicle and poor outside. It leaves runny streaks after exposure to rain and if used on tires, it disappears too easily if driven in the rain.

My favorite product for inside is Meguiar's Quick Detailer. On my tires I use Insane Shine and for exterior vinyl and rubber trim I like Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner #40.
Old 03-21-06, 07:58 AM
yESman
Lead Lap

I agree, it's my favorite. It's not cheap, but in a niche where there are many, many choices, I feel it still has no peer in terms of quality and performance
I agree. The perfect thing for rubber door trim, engine hoses and interior treatments. I spray a PakShak Ultrafine applicator for spreading evenly.

I prefer Wolfgang vinyl & rubber on interior plastic.
Old 03-21-06, 08:43 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

303 is great. I used it all over the interior dash and door panels, on everything that was vinyl or plastic it got covered with 303. I havent used it on tires yet so I may give that a shot
Old 03-22-06, 06:49 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

I use 303 on the dash and tires. It makes the dash look brand new and restores the color of the tires. However, it's not that durable and comes off when it rains or after a car wash.
Old 02-17-10, 09:55 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

thanks bro, i'm gonna hit up some canadian tires tomorrow to stock up like crazy on this stuff.
Old 02-18-10, 02:11 PM
azngui
Driver School Candidate

They might not have it at Canadian Tire, Jet. I just stopped by 2 of them and I was told that they discontinued the product 2 months ago. Luckily Lordco still carries it but they're selling for $17 for the 16oz.
Old 02-18-10, 04:24 PM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

If you can't find, give us a try at ProperAutoCare. We carry the full line of 303take a look................http://properautocare.com/303.html
Old 02-22-10, 05:30 PM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

i just bought myself a bottle at the local store. Do you spray it and leave it for a few seconds then wipe it micro fiber towels?
Old 02-22-10, 07:03 PM
GlisTech
Former Sponsor

For everyone who has a gripe about it coming off in the rain, that is a good thing.

Water based dressings are easier to remove, and don't have any oily buildup. This is very important if you are using it for engine bay, interior, or exterior dressings because the oily substrates in other dressings can attract dirt and dust, and are hard to remove.

If you ever rub up against your tires and leave a black mark on your leg, that is the leftover dirt and dust covered dressing that is left on your tires. Dressings like 303 or Einszett Vinyl and Rubber care are water based and won't leave you with that problem.

Just a tip.

Quick Reply: 303 Aerospace is awesome!