Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Blackfire Wet Diamond vs. Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-06, 08:10 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Blackfire Wet Diamond vs. Zaino

Just ordered Blackfire Wet Diamond from Classic Motoring/Proper Autocare, on their recommendation on a Zaino replacement. Haven't received it yet. Anyone use this product? What do you think of it vs. Zaino, Menzerna, Klasse?

I've been using Zaino for a couple of years, but I'm also looking for an alternate product that doesn't have to be mixed. NXT is pretty good, but I find it too oily. I won't use NXT as a Zaino replacement.
Old 03-21-06, 06:40 AM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blackfire makes good stuff. I've not tried that particular sealant but if their other products are an indication I'd say it should work well for you. Please let us know.

Here are some others you might like if you like the look and durabilty of Zaino but just dislike the mixing. I find them very similar in appearance and longevity. This is in order of my preference.

Menzera Full Molecular Jacket - expensive, but lasts long and looks (imo) even better than Zaino.
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant - not as long lasting as FMJ/Zaino, but looks great.
Poorboys EX-P - cheap, lasts about as lons as the WG, looks good, but I like to put carnuaba over it.

If you're in the mood to try a carnuaba wax I'd try some Collinite #845 if you're after durabilty (it'll last as long or longer than Zaino), and it looks good. Difference from a sealant, but good.

Cheers.
Old 03-21-06, 06:40 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Why not just go with Klasse? It is a proven product that has been around forever and there just isn't anything that can really compare with Zaino/Klasse for durability.

I agree with Picus about the Collinite #845 if you want to go the carnauba route.

I have never used the FMJ but from what I have read at Autopia it is definitely a product to consider if you don't mind the large upfront cost.
Old 03-21-06, 07:41 AM
yESman
Lead Lap

I new line that's popular among the detailers on Autopia is Jeff Werkstett's new line, partly based on the Klasse/Carlack formulas of old but with new formulas. I'll be trying some soon:

http://www.jeffswerkstatt.com/products.php
Old 03-21-06, 08:50 AM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Ah ya, Acrylic Jett - I've been meaning to get some of that, it looks very promising.
Old 03-21-06, 12:28 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by picus
Blackfire makes good stuff. I've not tried that particular sealant but if their other products are an indication I'd say it should work well for you. Please let us know.

Here are some others you might like if you like the look and durabilty of Zaino but just dislike the mixing. I find them very similar in appearance and longevity. This is in order of my preference.

Menzera Full Molecular Jacket - expensive, but lasts long and looks (imo) even better than Zaino.
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant - not as long lasting as FMJ/Zaino, but looks great.
Poorboys EX-P - cheap, lasts about as lons as the WG, looks good, but I like to put carnuaba over it.

If you're in the mood to try a carnuaba wax I'd try some Collinite #845 if you're after durabilty (it'll last as long or longer than Zaino), and it looks good. Difference from a sealant, but good.

Cheers.
Thanks. Yeah, the Menzerna FMJ would be my first choice, but it's really pricey. If I don't like the Blackfire WD, I'll try it though. I actually think you could go broke just buying the right set of pads for the Porter-Cable.
I won't use any Carnauba - I don't want a wax product that basically catches dust and particles, esp. in summer when it's warm and soft.
Old 03-22-06, 10:44 AM
joel5150
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You said NXT was to oily, if you are having issues with that, I would suggest Meguiars #20 Polymer Sealant. It goes on as easily as NXT but without the oily residue and lasts for quite a long time.