Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Invinca-Shield on GS 430

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-01, 08:43 PM
ceoart
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

It looks good. But what happens when something hits it? Would it get a dull spot from the abrasion of a pebble hitting it? If so can it be polished out? Also I live in South Florida so what effect is the sun going to have over a year or two? I know a car bra will damage the paint in South Florida would the same be true with this product? I have a Black GS430. If I did get it done I want to get my Hood painted again for the pebble damage. How long do you need to wait after a car is repainted before you can put the film on?
Old 09-15-01, 09:42 PM
RXKen
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rocks that hit is bounce off the material actually has some flex to it. If it is a really big rock it may take a nick out of the material, I had a piece of pvc pipe that fell off a truck and hit our RX-300 do that, but the paint underneath was fine and it stopped it from getting a dent too. The material has a clearcoat, so I imagine you can polish that if you wanted but I haven't seen a need to. Alan is based in Orlando so maybe if you are close you can go take a look at some cars he has done. He does them in Florida all the time for the local Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, etc. dealers. The stuff doesn't cloud up or yellow or anything, the material we have on our RX-300 is the same as it was the day it was applied and it has been through a LOT (torrential rains in Seattle, baked in the sun of California, and the sand/salt of winters in KC)

Check out some cars Alan has done and judge for yourself, I think you'll probably like it.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, ask Alan about how long you have to wait after a repaint to apply it, I don't know, sorry.