Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Invinca-Shield on GS 430

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-01, 07:56 AM
RXKen
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've put up a web page for pictures of Tom Mitchell's GS430 after it had Invinca-Shield installed on it. If you have any questions about the install ask Tom (he frequents here) and if you have any questions about getting this for your car, call Alan Seligman at 407-927-1900 or email him at invincaman@aol.com

Pictures of Tom's GS430 with Invinca-Shield
Old 09-14-01, 10:19 AM
TMitchell
Driver

RXKen took these pictures after the install and was kind enough to set up a web site so the members could look at them. I am very satisfied and guess Alan will go to other cities to apply the film. I drove up from Wichita, about a 6 hour round trip, but it was well worth it. RXKen and I are just satisfied customers, we don't profit in any way by passing this information on to club members.
Old 09-14-01, 12:34 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

Have any of those pics been edited??? Just seems like it to me, but I might be mistaken...
Old 09-14-01, 01:04 PM
GS430_4Me
Rookie

Please photograph again in 3 months & re-post.
Old 09-14-01, 01:24 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

I still say there was some editing involved....
Old 09-14-01, 01:29 PM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

$!%@# that color looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-14-01, 02:56 PM
RXKen
Driver

Absolutely NO editing involved, those came straight out of the camera to my hard drive and from my hard drive to the server.
Old 09-14-01, 03:02 PM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

Thats one !@$# beautiful color.

With one hell of a wax job too.

Old 09-14-01, 04:03 PM
TMitchell
Driver

Wink

Originally posted by MikeGS4PE
I still say there was some editing involved....

Actually the car started off as a yellow ford pinto and we touched it up some for the photos. I don't get the reason for the editing question. Why would we edit anything. As I posted earlier, we are not tied into this product, we are just happy with the results and figured we should share it with the members, especially those who have commented that their paint chips too easy.
Old 09-14-01, 04:28 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

I am not saying that it is actually edited, but it seems strange as to how the sparkles around the lights line up...seem like they were exaggerated. It might just be that the paint is that sweet...
Old 09-14-01, 05:39 PM
RXKen
Driver

I think I may know what it is, you may not be used to a digital camera with a true optical lens. I have a Sony Cybershot with a Carl Zeiss lens and the pictures it takes are fantastic, and although the camera has a number of effects it can do, I didn't use any effects. I have plenty of pictures taken with my camera on my website, in fact if you go to http://www.smiley.net/boxsters.htm compare the pictures of my Boxster taken with another camera (pics at top of page) vs. those taken with my Sony (middle and bottom of page) and you'll see the quality difference.

I also had the Sony set on the lowest resolution, I could have set it much higher and created much larger pics. As Tom said, we don't stand to gain anything from this. If you buy a kit for your car you buy it from Alan, not from us. I'm only offering a place to have the kit installed during the second weekend of October if you want to have the stuff put on your car. I think Tom will attest that Alan's work is first rate and that Alan has a LOT of patience, certainly more than I do, to do the job right.

I liked Tom's color so much that I was wondering what it might look like on a Boxster!
Old 09-14-01, 06:28 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

RXKen...I understand now. I have used some very nice digital cams, but I really never payed much attention to it. I personally think it was the color of his car. I really like it. When you are use to seeing silver cars, things stand out.

Will that film come off easily? I am really considering...
Old 09-15-01, 06:46 AM
RXKen
Driver

The film will come off if you want to take it off, but you shouldn't ever have to. It takes some tugging so it won't peel off on its own or at a car wash (unless perhaps you really blast the edge or something) On 4 cars that I've had it on I've never once had a piece peel off on its own. I'm pretty sure that Invinca-shield has an FAQ on their website at www.invinca-shield.com that might answer your questions, but I'm happy to answer what I can.

I totally agree that the color of Tom's car is gorgeous, really makes the chrome and trim stand out too.
Old 09-15-01, 06:55 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by RXKen
The film will come off if you want to take it off, but you shouldn't ever have to. It takes some tugging so it won't peel off on its own or at a car wash (unless perhaps you really blast the edge or something) On 4 cars that I've had it on I've never once had a piece peel off on its own. I'm pretty sure that Invinca-shield has an FAQ on their website at www.invinca-shield.com that might answer your questions, but I'm happy to answer what I can.

I totally agree that the color of Tom's car is gorgeous, really makes the chrome and trim stand out too.
RXKEN, I am curious, from the pictures that I have seen, does the shield make the car look more 'shinier'? It does alot from what I have seen.
Old 09-15-01, 07:15 AM
RXKen
Driver

I think that is the camera creating those large bright spots that gives that appearance, you really can't see it when it is on unless you look hard, the film is clear. You can wax the surface of the film which has a clearcoat just like your paint, so I imagine the reflective qualities are pretty much the same as a good clearcoat on a car. I haven't found it to be shinier or duller but the same as far as I can tell.

Quick Reply: Invinca-Shield on GS 430