Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Are detailers neat freaks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-06, 10:25 AM
skiptomylo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are detailers neat freaks?

I was sitting in class today, pretty bored. I was thinking about how I need to clean my car. Suddenly an interesting question hit me. Are people who are very concious about their car's cleanliness and appearance equally concious about their homes or other possessions? I love to clean my car clean, but when it comes to other things, I only clean them when dust starts to kick up as I use them.
Old 05-10-06, 11:01 AM
GUNRU-GS4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, I think detailers are some sort of neat freak. I know I am. I have to completely clean the inside and outside of my car once a week. Unless it's winter time that makes it harder for me in MI. I keep my house and everything else clean too. I do slack on the house chores more than the car chores though.
Old 05-10-06, 11:30 AM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, I am my 17year old daughter left some candy rappers in the back of my car an she was banned for riding in for a month.....................Pretty Sick Dad !
Old 05-10-06, 11:35 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not a neat freak although I can spend 8-9 hours detailling my car. My room is usually a mess, theres clothes laying around and half eaten food on my desk. I might not consider myself a neat freak, nor do I consider myself dirty. My generally rule is when my room is dirty enough, I will clean it.

Detailling comes with being an enthusiast, I don't feel it has any relation to personal hygiene, or cleansiness.
Old 05-10-06, 12:22 PM
jdmdaddy
Lead Lap

I detail as a side business and let me be the first to tell you that I'm pretty damn messy with everything else BUT detailing My house is spotless on a daily basis, but I have my wife to thank!

-craig
Old 05-10-06, 12:26 PM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

I'm a total neak freak, clean and organized is the way I live. My wife and kids don't like it but they are getting better My neighbors think i'm nuts too when they see me cleaning things, I damn near tore my dryer apart to clean ALL the lint and dust out of it, then I polished and waxed it
Old 05-10-06, 12:30 PM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like my home to be as clean as my car, but it takes a lot more time than a car, and I don't have enough time to have the house as clean as I'd like it right now, even the car gets dirtier than I normally prefer. Wish I could go to the store and buy more time.

My brother and sister-in-law keep a spotless house, I mean, sterile...yet their cars (a SC400 and Maxima) are usually filthy, and they stay that way quite a while typically, but then, they're not car detailers either.
Old 05-10-06, 02:20 PM
skiptomylo
Driver

Originally Posted by SCRUFFDOGG
I'm a total neak freak, clean and organized is the way I live. My wife and kids don't like it but they are getting better My neighbors think i'm nuts too when they see me cleaning things, I damn near tore my dryer apart to clean ALL the lint and dust out of it, then I polished and waxed it
wow, what do you use to wax and polish a washing machine?
Old 05-10-06, 02:30 PM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by skiptomylo
wow, what do you use to wax and polish a washing machine?

Klasse AIO or I use the mothers cleaner wax that comes with the clay bar kits
Old 05-10-06, 02:40 PM
JellyBean
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't think that detailers are neat freaks. Instead, I think a lot of detailers are Saturday-morning mechanics who finally bought reliable cars and have nothing else to do on Saturdays. I just HAVE to be out in the garage Saturday morning.
Old 05-10-06, 03:40 PM
skiptomylo
Driver

I think it's interesting how people can be real neat freaks at home, but hwen it comes to their car, they don't care at all.
Old 05-10-06, 04:13 PM
GUNRU-GS4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCRUFFDOGG
Klasse AIO or I use the mothers cleaner wax that comes with the clay bar kits
I was gonna ask you about this earlier but I thought you were kidding. Wow you really do wax your dryer. Hey nothing wrong with making it shine
Old 05-10-06, 06:17 PM
skiptomylo
Driver

what else do you wax in the house?
Old 05-11-06, 12:56 PM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GUNRU-GS4
I was gonna ask you about this earlier but I thought you were kidding. Wow you really do wax your dryer. Hey nothing wrong with making it shine

The one thing I wish I could stop doing is turning a simple 15 minute chore into a 3 hour process
ie: the dryer, I ended up doing the washer too

I use klasse and my PC to clean the shower and shower doors, my wife thought I was crazy until she saw how long they stayed clean and how easy they were to wipe down later. I use Zaino's glass polish on our windows and sliding glass door too and my dog has run into it
Old 05-11-06, 01:19 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

fk #425 is great on windows, tv's, computer screens, lights, etc...

Quick Reply: Are detailers neat freaks?