Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Need Some Advice...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-06, 04:54 PM
gettingais
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Advice...

I have a 2006 IS250 SGM.

This is what I have done currently:
1st time:
Wash, clay with Meguiars, Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish, Meguiars Gold Class Wax

Now when I wash the car, I dry it and then do a quick spray wax with Meguiars Quick Wax.

Now for my questions:
Currently, the finish looks very clean and reflective but I would like it to appear a bit more wet and deeper. Any suggestions? Keep in mind I do this all by hand and would like something that is easy and not too time-consuming (as in no Zaino)

Also, are you supposed to wax headlights, taillights? How do you make glass bead more water?
Old 05-22-06, 05:06 AM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If what you want is a deep look, then it's time to find a carnauba wax you like. I'd suggest P21S or Pinnacle Souveran , but the latter is fairly $$$. The P21S can be found at a lot of motorcycle shops and usually sells for under $20, and rivals the Pinnicle product in looks and performance. Both are really easy on/off.

You certainly can wax the headlights, but a synthetic sealant might be a better choice there since natural wax will melt off on items that give off a high heat. Wax will melt at or below 165 degrees, whereas a sealant will work up to ~400 degrees.

If you waxed them on a regular basis you'd be replenishing it enough though.

There are really many, many waxes that you could try for that deep look, maybe Picus could chime in here on some other redily available choices.

Meguiar's #26 is always another good stand by. Best of luck.