Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

How often is TOO often to wash your car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-06, 11:51 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually get mine washed once a week. Sometimes I wait two weeks depending on how dirty it is.
Old 05-26-06, 03:04 AM
james6290
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RealNinjuz
Well, im 22 and retired pretty much, so my days are spent just hanging out and doing whatever I want, so I could take it to them every day if I really wanted to and if I thought my car wouldn't have any adverse affects. Its not necessary to take it that often or anything, but if there is no harm, why not?

your 22, and retired!? is your dad a billionaire?
Old 05-26-06, 06:18 AM
Wid IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RealNinjuz
Well, im 22 and retired pretty much, so my days are spent just hanging out and doing whatever I want, so I could take it to them every day if I really wanted to and if I thought my car wouldn't have any adverse affects. Its not necessary to take it that often or anything, but if there is no harm, why not?
Paris Hilton?

You should either have them come to your house and clean all your cars (my choice), or occasionally they will send someone to pick them up for extreme detailing.
Old 05-26-06, 06:30 AM
Ken7
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I've generally taken my car to a brushless carwash every week and the paint looks great! I think there are many good brushless automatic carwashes that get a bum rap.
Old 05-26-06, 07:03 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

Yes I am 12 and I retired this summer, because well honestly working is for peasants!
Old 05-26-06, 08:13 AM
RealNinjuz
Rookie

Originally Posted by tmf2004
I was thinking the same thing... Maybe he atarted a internet company..LOL Must be nice...
Nail on the head. I sit here and make sure that it continues to grow every day, and other than that I think about cars. Although I love it and wouldnt want to do anything else besides hit the lottery or make it big in the stock market, in a way, it does kinda suck since I dont have many friends. I spend so much of my time at my desk that I miss a lot of life Sometimes going out to get my car washed is the only time I will leave my house
Old 05-26-06, 08:28 AM
edman688
Rookie

Uhhhh....last time I checked, sitting at your desk all day looking over your internet company does not count as being retired.
Old 05-26-06, 08:41 AM
RealNinjuz
Rookie

I said "pretty much" retired. Meaning that I dont actually do any work, I just look at my traffic stats and play counterstrike.
Old 05-26-06, 08:47 AM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

What site? What service are you providing?
Old 05-26-06, 08:56 AM
RealNinjuz
Rookie

www.retardedmail.com

Right now I am providing free email service. In the past I have run flash arcade sites, a few different forums, a couple of adult sites, and things like that. Right now I am focusing on RetardedMail.

I probably SHOULD do more work on it, but I just cant bring myself to be motivated to do more with it right now.
Old 05-26-06, 09:04 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

are you a spammer?
Old 05-26-06, 09:38 AM
RealNinjuz
Rookie

Originally Posted by Memphisacc
LOL, dude i want Memphisacc@murderisfun.com Lol that site is ridiculous. If you are having to file a/r that alone is enough work for anyone....(more work then i do atleast)
Sorry you dont like it? I just wanted a fun alternative to gmail and hotmail. I offer more standard options and spam protection than either of the other 2, video tutorials explaining the different features, more space than hotmail, and multiple domain aliasing so that you can have multiple names linked to a single inbox.

Edit: I dont know what you mean by filing a/r?
Old 05-26-06, 11:40 AM
RealNinjuz
Rookie

Originally Posted by Memphisacc
i wasnt insulting you by anymeans...or your site...thought it was really funny

Meant accounts receiveable
Oh, ok. I wasn't being sarcastic or anything, I just took it the wrong way. All of my advertising is done through *******, except a couple of special areas I handle myself. Usually I just collect a check from ******* though since the 2 custom ad spots are pretty expensive.

But anyway, I guess I have just come to the conclusion that it would be best for me to just continue washing once a week, wax every couple of months, and just wipe it down when it gets dusty.

Thanks for the input guys!
Old 05-26-06, 01:04 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For me it depends a lot on the weather. I HATE to see my car looking the least bit dirty. I would, on average, wash it at least one a week. But as I say, that depends on the weather. If it rains, afterwards the car always looks dirty again, even if I washed it an hour before it started raining. So, then I gotta wash it again. Probably the longest gap between washes has been about 4 days.

RealNinjuz - with all your seemingly disposable money, why don't you get 6 more cars and then you could drive a clean car every day of the week. But on the other hand, then you'd have to figure out how often to wash seven cars instead of just one .......so, bad idea.

And yet, since you have not much else to do, maybe scheduling car washes would help fill the time.....

Last edited by Lexucan; 05-26-06 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-26-06, 01:35 PM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

WOW.....22 years old.......retired off a site that has been around for 2 months....... Good Luck lol

Quick Reply: How often is TOO often to wash your car?