Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

How do you apply Klasse SG and Carnauba wax with layers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-06, 11:29 PM
darksparkz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation How do you apply Klasse SG and Carnauba wax with layers?

I ordered some Klasse AIO and Klasse High Gloss Sealant. I also have a bottle of S100 Carnauba wax coming in. I've heard of people applying 3 layers of SG, how would that quite work?

I know for the first week, you do a wash, apply AIO, then apply SG.
Wait a week.
Wash and apply SG
Wait a week again.
Wash then do SG.
Wait one more week.
Wash then do S100.

Does that sound right? Wouldn't the wash on the second week wash away the AIO and SG from the first weeks?

Is Meguiar's Quik Detailer safe on the S100 wax and on SG?
Old 05-28-06, 01:19 PM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

That would work but you only need to wait about 24 hours between layers of SG. I have been using the Klasse Twins for 4 years. I usually do the AIO/SG one day, leave the car in the garage overnight, and then the next morning I do another layer of SG before I drive the car and get it dirty. Washing the car will not diminish the layers of SG for several months even if you wash the car every other day. I would highly recommend claying the car before you use the AIO.

After you get 2 or 3 layers of SG you can use S100 as often as you like. It is as easy to use as any wax ever and does not stain trim. It probably won't last more than 4-6 weeks but it only takes about 20-30 minutes of effortless work to redo it. Once you put a wax on you can't do anymore SG without starting over. If you use 2/3 layers of SG topped with S100 you aren't likely to need to do the AIO/SG again for at least 6 months.

Remember that no matter how thin you apply the SG it will be better if it is thinner. Wipe on, Wipe off. If you can see it on the paint then you are putting on too much.
Old 05-28-06, 06:52 PM
darksparkz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help, also:

So as soon as the S100 wears off after 4-6 weeks, I can just wash and reapply S100 again without need for AIO/SG?

The only thing that can remove AIO/SG is claying right? And I only need to clay for at least 2-3 times a year.

Also, how am I to apply AIO or SG? I ordered them in 16.9oz bottles. Do I just pour a few drops on a microfiber cloth and wipe around? Or do I pour them in a spray bottle and spray, spread, then buff off.