Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

The Wetness of Zaino...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-06, 06:10 PM
yESman
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Wetness of Zaino...

Took a picture today of my results after a full day of detailing yesterday that I believe shows the wetness I am achieving with Zaino Z-2 Pro.

I used Z-7, Z-18, Z-7 again, Z-6, Z-PC, Z-6, Z2Pro and ZFX (x3, each week apart), Z-8.

Just thought people would enjoy this since it starts to show that Zaino is reaching the wetness of carnauba but with the optical clarity we prize.
Old 05-29-06, 08:36 PM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool! I could go real estate shopping in that paint!

Nice work.
Old 05-30-06, 04:33 AM
GUNRU-GS4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Man thats lookin good. I applied another coat of Z-2 Pro this weekend to my silver Lex too.

I can't stop using the Z8 over the Z6 now. I wash my car with the Z7 once a week but then I have to decide to use the Z6 or Z8 when I'm done and I keep reaching for the Z8!!!!!!
Old 05-30-06, 08:26 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Boy, I just did the same thing yesterday. I spent over 3 hours on the car. I did the Dawn wash, then clay bar, then wash with my Poorboys car wash. I then spayed down with Z6 and then applied the Z2/ZFX. I did that for two coats. I then finished up with the Z8. This was my first experience with the Zaino products. All I can say is WOW . The car looks wet and like it is coated in plastic. I can tell that the maintence on the car will be a lot easier from here on out. I may do another two coats of the Z6 and Z2/ZFX combo next weekend and then be done for a while. I can then just wash and spray down with Z8. The Zaino stuff is the real deal .
Old 05-30-06, 04:41 PM
yESman
Lead Lap

Thanks, I'm quite happy and am planning the next Z-8 application for total satsifaction.
Old 05-30-06, 04:52 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Looks great, nice detail!

I used (or my detail guy did) Z2 Pro on my GS and thought it actually had too much 'optical clarity' for my taste and decided I liked Z5 better (writeup here ); Z2 Pro was so clear that imperfections in the paint were more apparent, even though it was wetter looking than prior products. I think I can even see a bit of the same issue I noticed with my car in your picture... where the long white bar of the garage door is reflected between the rear door jamb and the gas door shows a bit of the imperfections in the paint surface. Perfect detail, just the product is too good for my taste . I guess I like a little coverup.

I'm back to Z5 and will stay that way. My detail guy used Z2 Pro accidently for my last detail and I could tell immediately that he'd done it without asking. Definite difference.

Beauty of these products is that its all personal preference on what you consider 'looks best' and they're better than 99% of what you ever see other than on detailing forums and museums. Your finish is amazing!
Old 05-30-06, 07:44 PM
yESman
Lead Lap

Thanks Dave. I use Z-5 Pro when I need to do some filling and I think it may be better on darker cars like yours but I prefer Z-2 Pro on silver. May be a preference thing as you suggest.
Old 05-30-06, 08:09 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yesssireee Bob......The Wetness of Zaino is absolutely stunning on a silver color.
I've got too many coats between claying and applying the different Z's, I've lost count.
I just use the Z6 when bird craps on the car. Other than that, I use a microfiber towel to wipe off the dust. Z2, Z8? I must be still way behind you guys. I got to check out their web-site to get on this stuff. I don't even have the ZFX bottles either.
Attached Thumbnails The Wetness of Zaino...-after2a.jpg  
Old 05-30-06, 09:58 PM
argabaga
Driver School Candidate

Does clay barring remove the zaino?
Old 05-31-06, 07:16 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I'm getting this kind of wetness with NXT Tech Wax (X2). Since I wax frequently I gave up on the mail ordering. NXT looks every bit as good as Z2 Pro to my eyes.

Old 05-31-06, 08:30 AM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jfelbab
I'm getting this kind of wetness with NXT Tech Wax (X2). Since I wax frequently I gave up on the mail ordering. NXT looks every bit as good as Z2 Pro to my eyes.

Jfelbab you gots to tell me your secret evertime i think my car looks good using the NXT I see yours and i'm like Damn back to the drawing board
Old 05-31-06, 09:04 AM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jfelbab

Looks great, what did you do before the NXT, prep?
Old 05-31-06, 11:11 AM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by argabaga
Does clay barring remove the zaino?
The generally agreed upon answer to this is yes; clay will remove sealants/waxes, or at least a significant enough portion of them that it's worthwhile to re-apply.

RE: Zaino, NXT etc... both good products, both look nice and are very wet. Keep in mind though, with proper prep a car should look awesome with nothing on it. Sealants/waxes are more about protection that looks.

Here is a car that I detailed with no LSP (right after ISA:water rubdown).

http://gtaindetail.com/pics/04g35c050706/photo5.jpg

http://gtaindetail.com/pics/04g35c050706/e.jpg
Old 05-31-06, 11:19 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by picus
The generally agreed upon answer to this is yes; clay will remove sealants/waxes, or at least a significant enough portion of them that it's worthwhile to re-apply.

RE: Zaino, NXT etc... both good products, both look nice and are very wet. Keep in mind though, with proper prep a car should look awesome with nothing on it. Sealants/waxes are more about protection that looks.

Here is a car that I detailed with no LSP (right after ISA:water rubdown).

http://gtaindetail.com/pics/04g35c050706/photo5.jpg

http://gtaindetail.com/pics/04g35c050706/e.jpg
that car looks really well
Old 05-31-06, 11:39 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by SCRUFFDOGG
Looks great, what did you do before the NXT, prep?
My procedure:

Three to four times a year, I wash with Gold Class Wash, Clay, polish with #80, glaze with #7, apply NXT Tech Liquid (x2 - 24 hours apart).

I maintain with NXT Tech Booster Spray Wax after every other wash. I typically wash weekly.

I use my PC to polish with #80 and the rest is all done by hand.

I use #7 as the glaze as this car has single stage paint. On clear coat finishes I use #81.

I wash by hand using the two bucket method with grit guards and I replace my sheepskin mitts frequently. I use Meg's Absorbers for drying. I don't put any swirls in the paint if I can help it.

And I'd have to agree that it is not so much the NXT as the prep that is responsible for the deep wet look. I get similar appearance with Z2 Pro as the LSP.

Last edited by jfelbab; 05-31-06 at 11:43 AM.

Quick Reply: The Wetness of Zaino...