Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

is zaino the best on the market??

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-06, 04:06 AM
clubaddict
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is zaino the best on the market??

is zaino the best on the market?? i read in the past that it was the best out there... i was wondering if its still the best considering all the new products from the diff manufactuers out there.. how about compared to "detailer/professional products"?
what do you all think?
currently im using meguliars nxt wax...
Old 06-17-06, 05:30 AM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ighlight=zaino

Old 06-17-06, 07:37 AM
GUNRU-GS4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love Zaino products!!!
Old 06-17-06, 11:45 PM
UAL
Rookie

I've also had pretty good results w/ zymol
Old 06-18-06, 12:19 AM
kloh7
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use Megiuars myself but Ive heard that zaino lasts longer.
Old 06-18-06, 06:19 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

There is no product that is 'best" for everyone. Use what is best for you and don't worry about what is best for someone else.
Old 06-18-06, 06:42 AM
yESman
Lead Lap

Based on trying several dozen products, I have to say that Zaino makes the best sealant. What sets it apart is the optical clarity, overall look, and renoened durability.
Old 06-18-06, 10:24 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by clubaddict
is zaino the best on the market?? i read in the past that it was the best out there... i was wondering if its still the best considering all the new products from the diff manufactuers out there.. how about compared to "detailer/professional products"?
what do you all think?
currently im using meguliars nxt wax...

The link below is to an informative thread that emphasizes my point that it is not really the wax but the prep process that matters most to how your car will look. I have proven this by doing blind testings where fans of particular wax products could not identify the products used.

Do your own research. Make up your own mind by doing some objective tests for yourself. Don't blindly buy into the propaganda put out by particular product zealots.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73116
Old 06-18-06, 03:05 PM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm watching this thread folks, let's not allow it to get to where the other recent one went...

clubaddict: Just about every person here has their favorite products, and many will tell you to go with one brand over the other, just bear in mind HEAVILY, that these are all subjective opinions. Climatic variables, your car's paint condition and personal methodology all will factor into end results.There are just too many products to call one the best. Which type of girl do you prefer? lol... Well..it's close to that kind of subjectiveness, though there are differences too. Detailing products don't talk back to you for one.

Some here as you can tell, have found the "best" for them, but remember, that's just them.
You will only know when you yourself go and buy Zaino...Meguiar's , Eagle One, Mothers, etc. and YES, there's some financial and time risk in finding which product is right for you. That's all part of the deal. You may regret buying one product that in your opinion doesn't live up to the hype. Accept that and you'll be ok.

Zaino is hyped, Meguiar's products are hyped, and on and on. People take sides and it's unfortunate it sometimes comes to verbal confrontations, but we're dealing with human beings, and It'll always be that way.

Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled Zaino vs everything debate, DON'T come out swinging!
Old 06-24-06, 04:07 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Guitarman
I'm watching this thread folks, let's not allow it to get to where the other recent one went...

clubaddict: Just about every person here has their favorite products, and many will tell you to go with one brand over the other, just bear in mind HEAVILY, that these are all subjective opinions. Climatic variables, your car's paint condition and personal methodology all will factor into end results.There are just too many products to call one the best. Which type of girl do you prefer? lol... Well..it's close to that kind of subjectiveness, though there are differences too. Detailing products don't talk back to you for one.

Some here as you can tell, have found the "best" for them, but remember, that's just them.
You will only know when you yourself go and buy Zaino...Meguiar's , Eagle One, Mothers, etc. and YES, there's some financial and time risk in finding which product is right for you. That's all part of the deal. You may regret buying one product that in your opinion doesn't live up to the hype. Accept that and you'll be ok.

Zaino is hyped, Meguiar's products are hyped, and on and on. People take sides and it's unfortunate it sometimes comes to verbal confrontations, but we're dealing with human beings, and It'll always be that way.

Ok, now back to your regularly scheduled Zaino vs everything debate, DON'T come out swinging!
As stated there is no one Best! Far too many variables not to mention subjective preferences. Personally, I have been very happy with Menzerna polishes, Klasse AIO sealant, topped off with P21S wax for my Black Onyx GS. I'm curious about Pinnacle Souverain and will probably get around to giving that a try as well. Remember, preparation is at least 90% of results with products used only being the remaining 10%.
Old 06-24-06, 06:22 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

not another zaino thread
Old 06-24-06, 08:00 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sha4000
not another zaino thread
LOL! Fastest way to start a war it seems. More volatile than Palestinian vs Israeli.
Old 06-25-06, 08:05 AM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

I often wonder why people spend more time arguing about LSPs than prep. Anyone whose done any sort of detailing knows that a car that looks good looks that way because the paint has been properly washed, clayed, and polished. Almost any wax or sealant will look good on a properly maintained paint surface.
Old 06-25-06, 08:40 AM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by picus
I often wonder why people spend more time arguing about LSPs than prep. Anyone whose done any sort of detailing knows that a car that looks good looks that way because the paint has been properly washed, clayed, and polished. Almost any wax or sealant will look good on a properly maintained paint surface.
You got that right.
Old 06-25-06, 01:17 PM
yESman
Lead Lap

Almost any wax or sealant will look good on a properly maintained paint surface.
This is mostly true, but in the case of Zaino you will be able to maintain that look very easily after a wash with the proper use of Z-8. That is fairly unique in my experience.

You also get industry-leading durability with Zaino. I think in the past the overall experience was not the wettest look out there but the new Pro formulations almost match the wetness of Souveran which for my money is the wettest carnauba I have used.

Some people may be happy with other products which is fine by me but I think there is a good reason why many of us experienced enthusiasts and pros keep returning to Z.

I have tried literally dozens of sealants and carnaubas over the past two years in a search for perfection but Z-2 Pro is the best for my metallic silver paint I have found. If I can highly recommend Zaino for people starting out and save them the trouble of "working through" some mediocre brands then I think I am adding value to the community.

Quick Reply: is zaino the best on the market??