Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

For those of you who park in the sun

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-06 | 12:47 AM
flyfl1pguy

Originally Posted by Tammy
I use the California car cover, made in Oklahoma. NOAH material for outdoor use.
http://www.calcarcover.com/
VEHICLE: 2006 Lexus IS250
MATERIAL: Noah
COLOR: Gray
EMBROIDERY: None
COVER PRICE: $219.99

Seems expensive. I think for that price you can get OEM LEXUS car cover right?
Old 07-11-06 | 12:49 AM
flyfl1pguy

Originally Posted by FranES300
Covercraft car covers are supposed to be very reputable. After researching car covers and reading reviews, I chose a custom Covercraft Noah. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Covercraft has several fabric options (see http://www.covercraft.com/cover_fabrics.htm) and their covers are sold by many online retailers (see http://www.covercraft.com/buy_online.htm). The lowest price I found was at www.autoanything.com.
List Price:
Every Day Low Price:
You Save: $320.89
$198.95
$121.94 (38%)

Is that a good price for the NOAH $198.95?
Old 07-11-06 | 06:03 AM
FranES300
Driver School Candidate

I paid $198.95 at Auto Anything as well, and they had free shipping. I looked at several sites that carried Covercraft and taking the cover price, shipping, and potential tax into account, Auto Anything had the best price that I could find on the Noah. Note that it Noah in the middle of the Covercraft line so not the least nor most expensive. It is also a custom cover made just for your make and model vs. a less expensive ready-fit that would fit several similar makes. Custom is supposed to fit better. Although they are both Noah fabric, the cover on Auto Anything is made by Covercraft while from what I can tell California Car Covers makes their own covers. I'm not saying that is a bad thing because I've seen folks on multiple sites recommend the California ones. I just found lots more info about the Covercraft ones. I don't know the price of OEM. I didn't even look at those as presumed they would be expensive and wasn't sure about the quality. HTH.
Old 07-11-06 | 11:36 AM
flyfl1pguy

I paid $198.95 at Auto Anything as well, and they had free shipping. I looked at several sites that carried Covercraft and taking the cover price, shipping, and potential tax into account, Auto Anything had the best price that I could find on the Noah. Note that it Noah in the middle of the Covercraft line so not the least nor most expensive. It is also a custom cover made just for your make and model vs. a less expensive ready-fit that would fit several similar makes. Custom is supposed to fit better. Although they are both Noah fabric, the cover on Auto Anything is made by Covercraft while from what I can tell California Car Covers makes their own covers. I'm not saying that is a bad thing because I've seen folks on multiple sites recommend the California ones. I just found lots more info about the Covercraft ones. I don't know the price of OEM. I didn't even look at those as presumed they would be expensive and wasn't sure about the quality. HTH.
How is your car cover? Is it weather proof and a snug fit>?
Old 07-11-06 | 07:44 PM
FranES300
Driver School Candidate

I'll have to let you know tomorrow. My car needs a good wash before I put on the cover and I didn't get to it today.
Old 07-11-06 | 08:55 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

HMM, i should post a pic, but investing in a car cover/window shade is worth it.
My brown dash has since faded, and the airbag cover has turned to a ugly puke brown
Old 07-11-06 | 11:18 PM
flyfl1pguy

I'll have to let you know tomorrow. My car needs a good wash before I put on the cover and I didn't get to it today.
Cant wait to hear from you. Still deciding on what kind of car cover I should get. At first I was thinking of getting the amazing roll up car cover, but no one seems to have it. Now this NOAH car cover seems to be good. Let me know how the car cover is.
Old 07-11-06 | 11:19 PM
flyfl1pguy

Originally Posted by tuan92129
HMM, i should post a pic, but investing in a car cover/window shade is worth it.
My brown dash has since faded, and the airbag cover has turned to a ugly puke brown
Yes I can say window shade is a must this days. . .
Old 07-13-06 | 02:18 PM
FranES300
Driver School Candidate

I am very pleased with the Noah cover. The fit is excellent. I definitely think it was worth the $16 extra to get a custom Noah vs. ready-fit Evolution. Once you get the mirror pockets in place, it's easy to get the rest of the cover situated. After I really get the hang of it, I think their estimate of one minute to put it on or take it off will be pretty accurate. One thing that was important to me was to be able to easily handle it myself (I'm 5'2") and it is definitely light enough for that.
Old 07-14-06 | 12:36 AM
flyfl1pguy

I should have waited for your review on the NOAH car cover. I just recently purchase a LEXUS car cover on e-bay. It says that it is the same brand that LEXUS uses execpt no LEXUS logo on the car cover. Ill just have to wait and see. . .
Old 07-14-06 | 07:44 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

I fold mine by ....

Lifting the elastic ends off the front and rear bumpers.

Lift the left side off the left mirror pocket. Leave the right alone at this time

Lengthwise, fold the left side across the top, trunk and hood.

Lengthwise, fold the right side across the top, trunk and hood, removing from the right mirror pocket.. This is atop the left side.

Lengthwise, fold the left side again upon it self, only in thirds

Lengthwise, fold the right side again over the prefolded left.

Starting at the rear of the vehicle, with both hands, roll up the cover while moving from rear to front.

This ends up with a roll on the hood, ready to store or bag.
Old 07-14-06 | 10:20 AM
flyfl1pguy

Originally Posted by Tammy
I fold mine by ....

Lifting the elastic ends off the front and rear bumpers.

Lift the left side off the left mirror pocket. Leave the right alone at this time

Lengthwise, fold the left side across the top, trunk and hood.

Lengthwise, fold the right side across the top, trunk and hood, removing from the right mirror pocket.. This is atop the left side.

Lengthwise, fold the left side again upon it self, only in thirds

Lengthwise, fold the right side again over the prefolded left.

Starting at the rear of the vehicle, with both hands, roll up the cover while moving from rear to front.

This ends up with a roll on the hood, ready to store or bag.
With that in mind I say make a little video of you doing it.
Old 07-14-06 | 06:55 PM
Dr. Yellow
Lead Lap

for the past 2 weeks i've had to park in the hot sun because i don't have garage parking. do you guys think a lot of damage has been done already???
Old 07-14-06 | 11:00 PM
joel5150
Lead Lap

suprropmp,
Where are you in Cali? If you are close to OC, I would be more than happy to help you out with any detailing stuff. Claying and detailing sound a bit scary, but it really isn't. It does help to see it work in action. Just let me know if you need a hand.
Old 07-24-06 | 01:01 AM
ILOVEGIRLS
Racer

is this better tan the OEM lexus car covers?

Quick Reply: For those of you who park in the sun