Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

My A'hole Neighbor (water spots all over my 2IS)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-06, 07:25 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I find that in these sorts of circumstances, a tit-for-tat approach works quite well to demonstate your displeasure. So, wait for a day when a nice brisk wind is blowing in the direction of HIS lawn, and get out there in your front yard with your spray-on, non-selective weed killer and let a nice big cloud or two drift with the breeze and settle ever so quietly onto his grass. He'll get the message in just a day or two when big patches of his lush, green, well watered lawn start to turn an ugly brown color and die!

Of course, if you are not feeling quite so "adventurous", you could simply ask him politely to let you know in advance of his turning on his sprinkler so you can move your car.

Personally, I prefer my first suggestion...but that's just me.

Hmmm......I wonder why my neighbors don't talk to me much.....
Old 06-30-06, 07:33 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You shouldn't be pissed at your neighbor for watering his lawn. He has every right to water his lawn whenever he wants to. He didn't tell you to park your car close to his sprinklers. Either note the times he water his lawn and don't park there, or if it's not timed, reach out to him and explain your situation so you can coordinate things.
Old 06-30-06, 08:14 AM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I'd check what his watering schedule is so you can coordinate not to be there at that time. I love for my neighbors water to come on over to my grass to save me some money.

We are all on watering restrictions here and you can only water one day a week and then only certain times.
Old 06-30-06, 08:56 AM
Wid IS350
Pole Position

Funny, I was just reading a thread titled "My A*hole Neighbor" over on the CGL website (Club Green Lawns).

This guy was complaining about his neighbor always parking his shiny new ride in the direct path of his sprinkler, and portions of his lawn were dying off. He actually thinks you're trying to get a free car wash!

Old 06-30-06, 09:56 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Originally Posted by Wid IS350
Funny, I was just reading a thread titled "My A*hole Neighbor" over on the CGL website (Club Green Lawns).

This guy was complaining about his neighbor always parking his shiny new ride in the direct path of his sprinkler, and portions of his lawn were dying off.
I strongly dispute any personal responsibility for, or connection to, the above mentioned incident.

But I would also like to just say Atta-boy, TheNewGuy!!!
Old 06-30-06, 11:14 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Wid IS350

This guy was complaining about his neighbor always parking his shiny new ride in the direct path of his sprinkler, and portions of his lawn were dying off. He actually thinks you're trying to get a free car wash!

LOL...
Old 06-30-06, 12:24 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Maybe another solution would be to ask the neighbor to add some Meguiars NXT sealant to his irrigation system after he finishes watering the lawn. That way you could get your car washed and waxed at the same time.

.....But I still think the weed killer idea is the best.
Old 06-30-06, 01:47 PM
TheNewGuy
Pole Position

Alright so I was pissed at the time only because this guy isnt my next door neighbor he lives across the street . How in the hell do you water someones car that is parked across the street So there will probably be no drinks at the country club together. What I might do if it ever happens again is walk over to his house and when he opens his door...I kick him in the junk

Not really a mean guy just dont mess with a mans car
Old 06-30-06, 01:58 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Originally Posted by TheNewGuy
What I might do if it ever happens again is walk over to his house and when he opens his door...I kick him in the junk
I'll say it again..... Atta-boy, TheNewGuy !!!
Old 07-01-06, 11:06 AM
WhoDat
Pole Position

i would love to put it in a garage but unfortunately i don't have that option I live on a military base with old houses
Dude I may be in your area pretty soon! So if you see another IS in the hood most likely it's me!!!

Shoot me a PM, I have questions for ya about the base.
Old 07-01-06, 11:33 AM
Gekko
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

-

yet another reason to never buy a black car. i love silver.
Old 07-02-06, 09:01 AM
TheNewGuy
Pole Position

Gekko -

yet another reason to never buy a black car. i love silver

Yeah I would have liked to get the Graphite Grey . But that is the price you pay when you walk into a dealer and the have the Perfect car on the lot. I would get any color except SGM and White

Last edited by TheNewGuy; 07-02-06 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-02-06, 11:06 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

A product called Ducky is made for this and works flawless. Used it many times. Buy it at Kragen, Zone, etc... It's good that you are on top of this as water spots will eventually get into the clearcoat/paint and makes things very difficult later on.

Not sure where you park, but my sprinklers are deliberately set to hit the street in front of my house so anyone parking there will get nailed. Flame away. Very seldom does someone park in front of my house now-just the way I like it. I live on a culdesac so things get busy here once in a while.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 07-02-06 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-02-06, 11:10 AM
TheNewGuy
Pole Position

I live across the street and parked in front of my driveway so MY sprinkler didn't hit it... also he has one of those that you hook to your hose and you can aim it anywhere.
Old 07-02-06, 11:16 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I live across the street and parked in front of my driveway so MY sprinkler didn't hit it... also he has one of those that you hook to your hose and you can aim it anywhere.

HA HA, sounds like an out of control hose or PO neighbor. I had one of those. He would spray cars when nobody was looking. Even across the street.

Quick Reply: My A'hole Neighbor (water spots all over my 2IS)