Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

help for my gs400s rear bumper please?! removal of grime BEFORE clay bar..

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-06, 02:59 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default help for my gs400s rear bumper please?! removal of grime BEFORE clay bar..

hey guys.. the rear bumper of my DWP 98 gs400 is pretty much shot to hell.. i regretfully have neglected to do much more then regular washings with car wash soap and keeping my wheels and interior clean.. i havent really done any wax work or clay bar type stuff or anything else for that matter on any of my cars so im pretty clueless about this stuff... my rear bumper has TONS of specs, orange, and black, etc. i believe from dirt, tar, road paint/grime, etc, etc, etc, that NEVER comes off with regular washing. i bought a meguires clay bar kit and gave that a shot on a small portion of the bumper, and although it made the paint in that area feel smooth as glass, the specs were not removed... could someone please tell me what i can use that wont harm my paint but will removed all that crap so i can do that, then clay bar, then finally wax? i want to get all that stuff off before i do anything else because i dont want to seal it in to the paint any further then it already is... its gross you can pretty much feel it like dots of sand on the back bumper if u run the back of your hand across parts of it... i originally did a search on cl for claybar stuff thats why i went and bought that but like i said, it makes the paint smooth but didnt do much for actually removing the specs of crap everywhere...

thanks in advance