Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Ghosts on my leather

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-06, 09:36 PM
mole
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ghosts on my leather

I need some help with my leather, I have some white ghosting setting in on my leather and I am not really sure what it is or what it's from... anyone have a similar experience and fix? I have tried conditioning already one time.

Also, is the dashboard on an 02GS leather as well and should I should use leather conditioner on that?
Old 07-10-06, 11:34 PM
mole
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is this not a problem anyone has had?
Old 07-11-06, 01:20 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

take some pics and maybe we'll be able to help you.

Do you think it came from your cleaning chemicals? I know when I used soft scrub with lemon (no bleach) on my leather seats the other day the areas where the soft scrub hit the leather first were definitely lighter than the other areas. I had to go over all the leather pieces with a brillo pad, soft scrub, and water. now the interior is super clean and smells good... all i have to do is go over the leather with some conditioner.

might want to give that whole process a try to freshen up your interior. sounds like your seats are dirty.
Old 07-12-06, 05:46 AM
Guitarman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Many things, including water (!) (has it rained on the seats?) can cause bleaching of the leather topcoat. I've usually been able to lessen them via either a gummy eraser (not a hard eraser!) or a vinyl cleaner diluted with water. Maybe even 303 Aerospace since it's perfectly safe.

I've also heard that a rolled up ball of bread dough (moist) works). Kind of the same process as the gummy eraser. Good luck.