Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

What's the best wax to use to last the winter?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-06, 11:54 PM
darksparkz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the best wax to use to last the winter?

I usually use P21S in the summer months because it's more convient to reapply wax every 4-5 weeks in the summer then it is in the winter. I'm looking for a wax that can protect my car against the acids of snow and such. I have a bottle of Meguiar's NXT around, I know that's synthetic wax and is supposed to last 5-6 months, but is it enough to protect against snow and all? I'll try to do hand-washes in the winter when possible, but i'll mostly do the touchless ones.
Old 08-05-06, 12:21 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out this thread just a few threads down
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=230302

the answer is, collinite 476
Old 08-05-06, 05:41 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by darksparkz
I usually use P21S in the summer months because it's more convient to reapply wax every 4-5 weeks in the summer then it is in the winter. I'm looking for a wax that can protect my car against the acids of snow and such. I have a bottle of Meguiar's NXT around, I know that's synthetic wax and is supposed to last 5-6 months, but is it enough to protect against snow and all? I'll try to do hand-washes in the winter when possible, but i'll mostly do the touchless ones.
When I winter in Wisconsin I lay down two coats of NXT Tech Wax and top that with Meguiar's #16, each 24 hours apart. That combo easily lasts through the harsh salt and snow of our winters and looks really good too. Meguiar's #16 has been discontinued due to VOC regulations but is still available if you look for it. You could perhaps substitute Collinite 476 for #16 as a topper but I have no first hand experience with that product, but Picus and others are very high on it. What ever you use for the topper it must be a pure carnauba that has no cleaners in it or it will take off the previous coats of NXT.