Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Questions about my new "used" ES300

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-06, 06:19 PM
samir1010
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about my new "used" ES300

I just drove home my a 2003 lexus ES300 and have some questions about taking care of the leather, vinyl and wood pieces of my new lexus. I've read a lot of forums and will definitely try some of the products recommended.

Leather: I'm considering ordering Zaino Z9/Z10 or Leatherique, any new recommendations would be greatly appreciated. But while I decide I was wondering if using Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather wipes or Turtle Wax leather cleaner and conditioner would be ok to use. It says it cleans and conditions. (I've learned not to believe everything I read)

Vinyl: What's the best thing to use for the doors and Dash? Also, are the doors completely vinyl or is there some leather on it as well?

Wood Interior Trim: What's the best product to use for this or is just wiping it down with a damp sponge ok?

Exterior: I've got a couple of scratches on the exterior of the car. What would be best to try and cover the scratches? Should I get the car buffed or is there a certain type of product I can use to get rid of the scraches?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help. I love my lexus. I didn't really take care of the bmw that I had so I am brand new at this....
Old 08-17-06, 08:52 AM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by samir1010
I just drove home my a 2003 lexus ES300 and have some questions about taking care of the leather, vinyl and wood pieces of my new lexus. I've read a lot of forums and will definitely try some of the products recommended.

Leather: I'm considering ordering Zaino Z9/Z10 or Leatherique, any new recommendations would be greatly appreciated. But while I decide I was wondering if using Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather wipes or Turtle Wax leather cleaner and conditioner would be ok to use. It says it cleans and conditions. (I've learned not to believe everything I read)

Vinyl: What's the best thing to use for the doors and Dash? Also, are the doors completely vinyl or is there some leather on it as well?

Wood Interior Trim: What's the best product to use for this or is just wiping it down with a damp sponge ok?

Exterior: I've got a couple of scratches on the exterior of the car. What would be best to try and cover the scratches? Should I get the car buffed or is there a certain type of product I can use to get rid of the scraches?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help. I love my lexus. I didn't really take care of the bmw that I had so I am brand new at this....
Congrats on the purchase of your Lexus and welcome!

Leather:
Meguiars works very well, IMO.

Vinyl:
I use 303 Aerospace Protectant for all of my vinyl and rubber (even as a tire dressing as well).
It protects against UV damage and doesn't leave a shiny surface like some other protectants do.

Wood Interior Trim:
I use Pledge furniture wipes to keep the wood trim from getting dry. Seems to work well. Just go over it again with a clean microfiber towel afterwards to remove any residue.

Exterior:
If the scratch is not deep (you can't feel the scratch when you run a fingernail across it) then it's possible that Meguiars ScratchX will remove it, otherwise some professional polishing may be necessary.

BMW:
You are forgiven for abusing your Beamer but you've moved up to a Lexus now, so no more slacking!

Cheers!

Last edited by Lexucan; 08-17-06 at 08:57 AM.