Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Review of JEFFS Werkstatt.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-07, 08:36 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you try it and hate it I will buy it off you.
Old 02-28-07, 11:02 PM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by picus
If you try it and hate it I will buy it off you.
Picus is one of the more respected detailers on here as well as on Autopia. If that's not an endorsement I don't know what is.
Old 03-01-07, 10:53 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by SDLexus
Picus is one of the more respected detailers on here as well as on Autopia. If that's not an endorsement I don't know what is.
That finish is beautiful on the IS300. What did you use before you used the Werkstatt to maintain your car. I just got some Klasse AIO and will be looking around for a good topping after I apply it. My car is parked outside most of the time so I may need to get something durable, perhaps a good carnuba wax.
Old 03-05-07, 01:26 PM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
That finish is beautiful on the IS300. What did you use before you used the Werkstatt to maintain your car. I just got some Klasse AIO and will be looking around for a good topping after I apply it. My car is parked outside most of the time so I may need to get something durable, perhaps a good carnuba wax.
Thanks, I've used most of the products out there on my car at one time or another. Previous to Werkstatt I was using M21 (NXT before that). I would still be using M21 but I was attracted to Werkstatt's potential ease of use. Klasse is made by Carlack, the same company that makes Werkstatt, so they will probably play well together. If you don't want to use Klasse SG then I suggest trying Werkstatt's AJ or AJT as a topper to AIO.
Old 03-06-07, 09:48 AM
yESman
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SD,

How is the gloss holding up so far?
Old 03-15-07, 12:57 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by SDLexus
Thanks, I've used most of the products out there on my car at one time or another. Previous to Werkstatt I was using M21 (NXT before that). I would still be using M21 but I was attracted to Werkstatt's potential ease of use. Klasse is made by Carlack, the same company that makes Werkstatt, so they will probably play well together. If you don't want to use Klasse SG then I suggest trying Werkstatt's AJ or AJT as a topper to AIO.
I applied Klasse AIO 2 weeks ago and ordered some Prime and AJ today. Will the Werkstatt AJ work correctly when applied to a Klasse AIO base or do you think I would need to use Werkstatt Prime then AJ to properly bond and layer. Also if I put the AJ on a base Klasse AIO and wait a few weeks until AIO needs to be reapplied again and want to try the Werkstatt Prime and AJ together will I need to clay/wash the car with dish soap again to remove the AIO and AJ to properly apply the Prime or can I just wash the car with regular car shampoo and then just apply Prime followed by AJ.
Old 03-15-07, 07:05 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Dawn or any other dish soap will not remove Klasse or the Werkstatt. Just clean the car (you only need to clay the car if it has comtaminants on the surface....if you have clayed it in the last month or two it probably only needs to clayed in spots if at all but it certainly won't hurt anything) and apply the Prime and AJ. If your paint is still in great shape you can just wash it and apply the AJ over Klasse AIO without ANY problem.