Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Does Anyone know anything about the Touch of Class

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-06, 09:16 PM
fay31
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Anyone know anything about the Touch of Class

Hello all,

I am a new Lexus owner and new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with the Lexus A Touch of Class package that the dealership offers. It seems like a smart thing to do. What do you think?

Thanks,

FAY
Old 09-17-06, 10:30 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

*u** Tom Williams Lexus. Over priced, dealership bay money sucking management.
That should let you know what I think about them.

BTW A touch of class is total bull****. If you want paint protection, you need to get down with the aftermarket plastic films.
Old 09-18-06, 05:59 AM
fay31
Driver School Candidate

Well, I am getting the film put on, but thought I would try the touch of class also. I can tell you can't stand Tom Williams, my experience wasn't bad. I got the car for $3,000 less than the Kelley Blue Book Value, and it's in fantastic condition. I would really like to hear from someone who has done it, that either says it doesn't work and the leather and paint stil mess up or I did it and haven't had any problems or whatever.
Old 09-18-06, 08:15 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to CL fay31.

Since you have posed a detailing question, I'm moving this thread to the Detailing forum for more responses. Hope this helps out. Enjoy your stay in ClubLexus
Old 09-18-06, 01:47 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I believe all those dealer applied sealant packages are a rip off. For much less money you can take your ride to a pro detailer and get a better job, with the same or better protection. If you are serious about driving a freshly detailled looking ride you can do it yourself for much, much less. Many of these dealerships charge $500 or more for what is basically a polish and wax.

For half that money you can purchase a Porter-Cable dual action orbital polisher, several pads, clay, polish, wax, microfiber towels and all kinds of other detailing supplies. For half the cost of the dealer package you have the means to do your ride a couple times a year for the next several years. You also will have the tools and supplies to do any other cars you own.
Old 09-18-06, 03:36 PM
fay31
Driver School Candidate

I was mainly interested in the Touch of Class package, because they seal the paint, so I don't have to wax it, they seal the leather, and the fabric. They also warrant the leather against tears, cracks or fading, and the fabric against stains, and they guarranty the paint was discolor from sap, bird droppings, or acid rain. If any of these things happen then they will fix or replace it. Seems like a good option, basically it's like buying insurance but it's also supposed to protect the car, why not go for it?
Old 09-18-06, 04:51 PM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Have you actually looked at that guarantee? They will refund your money if you have a problem. This is not insurance, it's a scam. If they sell 100 packages @ $500 - $1,500 each and get one or two problems they simply return your money or they tell you that you failed to maintain the treatments as specified in the guarantee and your guarantee is void. BTW, you do know that this is not just a one time application. In order to keep the useless guarantee active you need to have the applications redone annually. You probably know that already but just in case you didn't. This gets very expensive very quickly. As I said, this is a SCAM. Be forewarned.

Here is a good read about TOC from the group at Autopia.
http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60032

Originally Posted by fay31
I was mainly interested in the Touch of Class package, because they seal the paint, so I don't have to wax it, they seal the leather, and the fabric. They also warrant the leather against tears, cracks or fading, and the fabric against stains, and they guarranty the paint was discolor from sap, bird droppings, or acid rain. If any of these things happen then they will fix or replace it. Seems like a good option, basically it's like buying insurance but it's also supposed to protect the car, why not go for it?
Old 09-18-06, 06:44 PM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's been my personal policy to steer clear of dealer applied sealants. They sometimes include dealer installed swirls at no extra charge.

Rip off.
Old 09-18-06, 08:24 PM
fay31
Driver School Candidate

I didn't know that I had to reapply the sealant, they never said that. They also told me that they would fix or replace any problems. Never did they mention anything about refunding any money. I have some new questions to ask. I appreciate yall's input.

Thanks,

FA