Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

how soon before i can wax the car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-06, 12:35 AM
vandit23
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how soon before i can wax the car?

Hey guys...Just got my 07 gs350, and I did a search of the forums, but could not find this topic. Anyway, i've read somewhere that the paint on new cars need time to cure or set before we can do anything to the paint...is this true? if so, how long should i wait before i can wax the car with some sort of protectant? thanks.

i've been reading the threads here, and i think i am going to try that NXT stuff. any other recommendations?
Old 09-26-06, 01:52 AM
AJ
Lexus Champion

I never heard of that,NEW paint need curing but not new car wait till other members chime in.

I use NXT tech liquid wax and works great , do 2 coats for better results.
Old 09-26-06, 05:30 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can do it now ...

And a couple of coats prior to the winter.
Old 09-26-06, 08:36 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

they dont wax the car when its new, at least with mine, water doesnt bead off, I need to find some time later to wax it
Old 09-26-06, 05:43 PM
madness
Pole Position

I would do it ASAP man if you want to take good care of your car. If you need some help let me know. I have plenty of tips and tricks for you. For starters I would buy something to protect it. NXT is a good wax to start with. It's personally not my favorite for my car (black) but it really depends on the color of your car and what you want to achieve (Durability vs ultimate Bling).
Old 09-26-06, 08:32 PM
vandit23
Driver

Hey thanks guys. I'm going to get started ASAP...I just needed your some opinions before did this. Just wanted to make absolutely sure...

Anyway, I've read some reviews on the NXT line, and they sound great. I've also heard rave reviews of the Mother's FX line of products...ANy experience with these products? THanks
Old 09-29-06, 06:19 AM
Oceanedge
Driver School Candidate

WHy choose between durability and Bling?...You can achieve both...if your willing to spend 4 - 5 hours on your car...
I would test for contaminants (using the ol' ziploc bag on hand trick.....if your car feels like if has sand on the surface...it's contaminated...and yes...even new cars can have contamination)....
If contaminated, Clay Bar it (Takes about 45 minutes)
Next, use a good non-abrasive polish (I prefer BlackFire Gloss Enhacing Polish...it has a Glaze built in...so I'm not only polishing...I'm glazing at the same time...which equals even more "BLING!"...)
Next step, apply a good synthetic protectant, (I like Menzerna on lighter colors...and BlackFire Wet Diamond on darker vehicles...and both of these products give you 180 - 270 days of protection)
Then for ultimate Jaw-Dropping effect....put a coat of any "HIGH QUALITY" Carnuba wax over the synthetic protectant for the ultimate WET look!....I like P21S on lighter cars...and Pinnacle Souveran on Darker colors....
Anyhow...just my two cents....but I guarantee results!!