Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Mothers Reflections Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-06, 07:27 PM
jrmoskal
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Mothers Reflections Leather Cleaner/Conditioner

I recently got some used seats from a salvage vehicle because mine were very torn and the previous owner did absolutely no maintance to the leather. The seats i got were from a slightly newer SC with Tinted windows so the sun damage was non existant. When i recieved them they were very dirty but i was not expecting clean since they came from a salvage yard car. I was looking for some Lexol products around town but nobody had any, so i went with the Mother's Reflections spray on Cleaner/Conditioner. This is a 1 step product that comes in a tall round red bottle that resembles a fire extinguisher. I did the passengers seat first. It basically says to shake well, spray on, scrub heavily soiled areas with a soft brush and simply wipe off with a white terry towel. After the first application the result was very noticable, it got even the deep dirt that was around the seams and gathering. I did that seat 3 more times with just spraying it on, and immediately wiping it off..... Great results, the other techs in my shop thought i installed new leather.

The drivers seat was much dirtier and it took some more elbow grease but the before/after was very much noticable.

The conditioning of this cleaner also seems very good. The leather was a bit hard and rough to the touch just as my old seats were but after the cleaning and letting the seats sit for a few minutes, the leather was completely dry, not shiny or oily, and had a pleasant new car leather scent. It was noticably softer to the touch and my white towels were BROWN! This stuff definately lifted some serious years of dirt. the whole process took about 10 minutes per seat and didnt require any "soak in" time or being left in the sun.

So if you need an inexpensive (10 per bottle) product that is sold in most auto parts stores. This is the only product i have found to work, I also have some of the Meguiars Gold Class Creme cleaner/conditioner and it didn't lift much dirt at all and i didn't like the greasiness or the scent.