Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Grey Interior

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-06, 08:24 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grey Interior

So who else has the grey Interior and do you find it tricky to keep clean?

I really wanted the black, but with the constant heat and humidity black was just out of the question. I got the grey.. IMO it makes the inside of the car look clean.. however, this grey (I know its not actually grey) is so light it almost appears white.

Anyone afraid of stains or smudging? Or has anyone got a stain or smudge in their car that.. won't fully come out? (I don't just curious.. because I bet it is CRAZY annoying.)

AND I wish they would have made the headliner black, I am afraid to roll down my windows for fear of making the fabric dirty. Damn all the hurricane debri in the air still!
Old 10-18-06, 09:08 AM
Thierry
Driver School Candidate

Just clean it regularly with a good leather cleaner/conditioner. I personally recommend Lexol for regular cleaning, and Leatherique every 6 months or so.
Old 10-18-06, 10:06 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same fears, but it held up pretty well, My drivers seat shows
some dirt trapped in the cracks, but I did'nt try to clean it yet and I've had the car for almost a year now..
Old 10-18-06, 10:31 AM
Lexustom
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To me the looks outweighed the potential problems associated with having a "light" color. I love the contrasting gray/charcoal interior. Harder to keep clean? A bit perhaps, but I'm finding it not too hard as I just keep "on top of it" as I do with the exterior.
Old 10-18-06, 01:30 PM
Jherb350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had mine for almost a year and 14k miles now and haven't had any issues showing dirt. About every other month I use some Meguiar's leather conditionar/cleaner. The armrest probably shows the most wear but it isn't that bad.
Old 10-18-06, 01:50 PM
hofman_dzn
Driver School Candidate

No problems on mine either and I've got 13k miles on it. The only caveat is the lower door plastic, I tend to scuff it with my shoe getting in/out of the car. I've never really tried to clean it though, so I don't know if it comes out.
Old 10-18-06, 02:12 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
So who else has the grey Interior and do you find it tricky to keep clean?

I really wanted the black, but with the constant heat and humidity black was just out of the question. I got the grey.. IMO it makes the inside of the car look clean.. however, this grey (I know its not actually grey) is so light it almost appears white.

Anyone afraid of stains or smudging? Or has anyone got a stain or smudge in their car that.. won't fully come out? (I don't just curious.. because I bet it is CRAZY annoying.)

AND I wish they would have made the headliner black, I am afraid to roll down my windows for fear of making the fabric dirty. Damn all the hurricane debri in the air still!
My mom has the same gray in her RX. She's had it for 3 or 4 years now and no problems at all. If you don't clean it on occasion, then you can see some dirt, but after 30,000+ miles, all is good.
Old 10-18-06, 03:15 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

i use lexus leather cleaner and conditioner every month or so. actually, my friend does it for me =) but anyway, you can kinda see the dirt when it starts, but i clean my car at least once a week so i don't give dirt a chance to show up.
Old 10-18-06, 03:19 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

i dont see how black is any hotter, yes black absorbs heat, but when the internal temp of a car reaches 120-130 degrees, dont care what color you have, its gonna be 120-130 inside including the leather regardless of color, they make tint and sunscreens for this also
Old 10-18-06, 04:00 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
i dont see how black is any hotter, yes black absorbs heat, but when the internal temp of a car reaches 120-130 degrees, dont care what color you have, its gonna be 120-130 inside including the leather regardless of color, they make tint and sunscreens for this also
Black is way hotter. My cousins IS Black on Black... get hot when its 70 degrees out and in the sun. My old IS, GFM/Grey, was a lot cooler.
Old 10-18-06, 07:27 PM
Pwyll
Driver

The sterling interior is awesome. A lite cleaning periodically will keep it in fine shape.

In my opinion, it is the best looking interior. The contrast with the black on the dash and console is gorgeous.
Old 10-19-06, 12:20 AM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Pwyll
The sterling interior is awesome. A lite cleaning periodically will keep it in fine shape.

In my opinion, it is the best looking interior. The contrast with the black on the dash and console is gorgeous.
agreed! i wanted the black but got sterling instead and i'm really glad i did.
Old 10-19-06, 01:45 AM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Just tint your windows and it's totally fine.
Old 10-19-06, 07:19 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
Black is way hotter. My cousins IS Black on Black... get hot when its 70 degrees out and in the sun. My old IS, GFM/Grey, was a lot cooler.
Black isn't always hotter. Living in Texas I have had a black car my whole life. During the summer when it's 105 outside, every car interior gets hot. My black leather gets incredibly hot to the touch, but SO does the light gray leather in my mom's White RX 330. Any car is going to get hot if the sun is beating down on it.
Old 10-19-06, 09:20 AM
G35TOIS350
Lexus Test Driver

dealer ordered my car with the wrong interior, should have been blk I got grey. at first i was p!ssed but quickly got use to it. now that i've had her for a few months i really like it. saw my exact car with blk at Taste of Lexus and didn't like it nearly as much as the grey. has held up fine no complaints.

Quick Reply: Grey Interior