Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

New IS250 - Clear Bra and Zaino - which goes first?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-06, 01:01 PM
cmalley
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New IS250 - Clear Bra and Zaino - which goes first?

My 07 IS250 will be here in a few months and I am trying to read through everything so I am fully prepared. I have read a lot about Zaino and understand the application process and how it works. I will be getting a clear bra installed right after I take delivery. So here is my question:

What comes first? Clear bra or Zaino? It would seem to me that if the clear bra was installed first then that part of the car would not look as good as the rest of the car that had been sealed with Zaino.

Does that sound right?
Old 11-14-06, 03:04 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On mine, I clayed first, then installed the clear bra and waxed the entire car. It's a done deal.
Old 11-14-06, 03:28 PM
cmalley
Driver School Candidate

Does waxing over the clear bra have the same effect as waxing the rest of the car? I guess i'm just afraid that in five years or so when it is time to replace the clear bra the area that was covered will look different than the area that wasn't covered and received extra coats of Zaino over the years.

Then again, I may not have a clue of what i'm talking about.
Old 11-14-06, 09:19 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

this should help you get a glimpse of your future w/ clear bra and waxing...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=240671

You would prep, clean, clay and wax the same method as you would w/ or w/out a clear bra. Pretend that the clear bra is just an invisible shield which you cannot damage it in any of your daily washing, claying and waxing routines.

As you can see from my pics, after 3 years of Zaino, there is no significant color difference between the threshold of the clear bra and the rest of the car. And I have cleaned, clayed, polished and waxed hundreds of times
Old 11-15-06, 08:05 AM
cmalley
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by teeman3
this should help you get a glimpse of your future w/ clear bra and waxing...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=240671

You would prep, clean, clay and wax the same method as you would w/ or w/out a clear bra. Pretend that the clear bra is just an invisible shield which you cannot damage it in any of your daily washing, claying and waxing routines.

As you can see from my pics, after 3 years of Zaino, there is no significant color difference between the threshold of the clear bra and the rest of the car. And I have cleaned, clayed, polished and waxed hundreds of times
Wow it still looks awesome! How often should you go through the whole Zaino process as opposed to just keeping it clean by wiping it down with their cleaner?
Old 11-15-06, 09:49 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

It all depends on how much you want your paint to be optically mirror-finish perfect. The more coat applications, the more mirror finish it will get.

You will notice a difference in the first 2-3 coats and your paint will start to "pop" and become much more crsip and clearer.

For starters, one coat every 3-4 months and after that it's up to your discretion based on the touch and smoothness of the paint when you glide your fingers across it. Then, when you need to hit it w/ the Z6 liquid, the mirror shine will still be there.

The Zaino "addicts" here will tell you more w/ their input, also.