Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Ibexs Paint Sealant

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-06 | 08:28 AM
NJSID
Driver

Default Ibexs Paint Sealant

Hi all, I am new to the forums and I have my 2007 gs350 for three weeks now and would like to do something that will keep the new car look and allow me when I take it through the car wash to come clean real easy and retain its shine. No time to do it myself! Anyway the dealer said they can do an Ibexs treatment for $280.00 that will help it keep its shine but I'm thinking about contacting a local detailer to see what they will charge or can offer.
I am looking for any suggestions as to what to use or get done. I have the Glacier Frost Mica Color.
Thanks
Sid
Old 11-29-06 | 12:44 PM
Guitarman

Here are some threads I found on dealer applied sealants, if you do a search there are more...

You might want to read up because they're a big money maker for any dealership, and it's more cost effective to DIY or go to a detailer 2x to 3x a year for pretty much the same (if not better) care. It all depends on your wallet and what your needs are. Good luck!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...dealer+sealant

Old 11-29-06 | 01:10 PM
NJSID
Driver

Thanks Guitarman...i Will Hold Off On The Dealer "waxing" And Look Into What A Detailer Can Do....

Any Suggestions As To What I Should Ask A Detailer To Do To My "new" Car?
Old 11-29-06 | 02:25 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NJSID
Thanks Guitarman...i Will Hold Off On The Dealer "waxing" And Look Into What A Detailer Can Do....

Any Suggestions As To What I Should Ask A Detailer To Do To My "new" Car?
One thing you definitely DON'T want to do to a new car is take it through an automated car wash. Much better to do a hand wash at home to avoid micro-marring and swirls to the finish. For long lasting protection and shine, an acrylic sealant such as Klasse All-In-One is probably your best choice.
Old 12-01-06 | 01:21 PM
NJSID
Driver

Sorry But Due To The Lack Of Time...as I Stated In My Original Post No Time To Wash Myself....hence Looking For The Best Protection