Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

somebody keyed my GS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-06, 04:52 PM
98LexusGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default somebody keyed my GS!!!

Some A-hole keyed my car and even had the audacity to spell their name on my trunk. I have no idea why - just random act I guess. I left for Vegas and forgot to park my car in the garage. 3 days later I come back and some A-hole had used my trunk as a sketch pad. What do I do now? I tried Meguiar's Diamond Cut rubbing compound which lessened the damage a bit. Can a high speed buff help out? Or how about "color sanding"? How much should I expect to have this work done? (My insurance deductible is $1K). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-10-06, 05:47 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

Man I hate those kinds of pple I remember when someone keyed my car.... I used touch up paint on it since it was not too long....

For your case...well that's a BIG issue...
I think you should at least look for the person who MIGHT have done it
but thats a very hard way to find the criminal....hmm

Maybe you should get a claim from your police station and get a cheaper price to replace the trunk.... Man I feel ya I want to beat the S*** out of those people who key expensive cars because they can't afford expensive cars like a Lexus.I remember when a guy in a Econline van
keyed my BMW while still in his van...Well I wish you good luck

Last edited by LXotic; 12-10-06 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-10-06, 06:11 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Let's see a picture. Odds are good that it's down into the base coat or primer (or even metal), any of which will require a repaint for a 100% repair. You *could* colorsand and buff, but if the scratches are through the clear then all that will do is make them less obvious, not remove them entirely (and incidentally it will also thin the clear surrounding the scratches).
Old 12-10-06, 06:29 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

yea lets see some pictures
Old 12-10-06, 07:06 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if it's more than surface you will have to re-paint. try the mobile dent remover guys, some of them have fixed a few friends cars. it will not be perfect, but it will look better and there cheap.
Old 12-10-06, 07:26 PM
98LexusGS
Driver

I tried to take a picture but the scratches are where you have to see it at an angle. It's got down to past the clearcoat. The A-hole spelled out their name...it looks like "Eveie". I have no idea who this is.

The worse part is that they keyed the top of the trunk and the back. Well, I took it to a body shop and they said the best thing to do was to have the trunk lid completely repainted. I'm with AAA insurance but my deductible is $1K so I guess I'll have to eat this repair out of my own pocket. Man this sucks...it completely ruined my day. My 98 GS has 171K miles on it but I've kept really good care of it. Wax every 3 months, inside is clean (I have no kids), and the engine runs smooth. It just depresses me when people can't keep their hands off of other people's property.
Old 12-11-06, 06:20 AM
JorgeGVB
Driver

Originally Posted by 98LexusGS
I'm with AAA insurance but my deductible is $1K so I guess I'll have to eat this repair out of my own pocket. Man this sucks...it completely ruined my day.
You might call you insurance company about it anyway. I had this happen with my last car and State Farm paid 100%. In fact, they even paid for a rental car for the 2 days the car was in the shop.
Old 12-11-06, 11:45 AM
98LexusGS
Driver

Does a claim like this affect your rates later on? I would rather pay it out of pocket instead of having AAA stick it to me for the next few years. I'm assuming this is the comprehensive portion of the insurance.
Old 12-11-06, 02:47 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to hear about that. It's happened to me too (3 times, twice in my friggin driveway). F'in haters should be shot
Old 12-11-06, 03:09 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BLK13X
Sorry to hear about that. It's happened to me too (3 times, twice in my friggin driveway). F'in haters should be shot
Why do you want them to be shot?Thats evil
Old 12-11-06, 05:10 PM
LexusNut13
Pole Position

I am not sure how insurance claimes work in the states, but here in canada, things like vandalisim is covered under the comprehensive portion of your insurance which usualy has a lower deductable then your collision portion. usualy comprehensive deductable is around 300, or less depending on your coverage.

Sorry to hear about your car, I know I would be really pissed.
Old 12-11-06, 06:23 PM
98LexusGS
Driver

It happened in my Friggin driveway too. I was so pissed cause I usually park it in the garage. Was just running late to Vegas so I completely forgot to park it inside. And it's not like my neighborhood is ghetto so I'm befuddled on who did it (and why they did it). Guess they couldn't leave a shiny black GS alone.

By the way, I checked with AAA and my comprehensive deductible is $1K too so I have to pay out of pocket for this repair. I'm paranoid now...just installed motion lights on my driveway and I'm thinking of installing cameras. Just don't feel safe anymore..
Old 12-11-06, 06:54 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 98LexusGS
It happened in my Friggin driveway too. I was so pissed cause I usually park it in the garage. Was just running late to Vegas so I completely forgot to park it inside. And it's not like my neighborhood is ghetto so I'm befuddled on who did it (and why they did it). Guess they couldn't leave a shiny black GS alone.

By the way, I checked with AAA and my comprehensive deductible is $1K too so I have to pay out of pocket for this repair. I'm paranoid now...just installed motion lights on my driveway and I'm thinking of installing cameras. Just don't feel safe anymore..
if i saw some retard doing that to MY car i would beat the S*** out of them and make them turn themselves in.