Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Good Odor remover?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-07, 01:08 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good Odor remover?

Anyone know a good product to use to remove odors in cars? and does steam cleaning and detailing help?
Old 02-22-07, 07:34 AM
blueflame
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default odor remover

The best product to remove odors from your vehicle is the Febreeze auto product they have it at advance auto parts and it works. Also try detailing the whole inside of your car shampoo the caprets clean the seats clean every part you can get to in the interior of the car even take out the seats if you wnat to be really thorough and try to do it on nice sunny non windy day and just let the car sit out in the fresh air for a few hours with the windows open and then febreeze all cloth parts of your interior and you should be ok depending on what the odors are coming from smoke water damage spillage etc this just do the trick.
Old 02-22-07, 11:08 AM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Steam cleaning helps immensely, in fact it's the only way I know of to really remove deeply seeded odors, like dog smell, smoke smell, etc.

After I steam I put baking soda on all the carpets, let sit 30 minutes then vacuum, then I use a febreeze style product.
Old 02-22-07, 11:17 AM
narfy
Lead Lap

steam cleaning helps... but don't forget a lot of your odour comes from the vent system...

take out your dust and pollen filter, set your heater/ac to work on recirc mode, turn the heat and the AC on to max... fan on to max, and use wurth de-odourizer, or untral shield air conditioner treatment, or lysol, or fabreeze auto and spray inside the gap where your dust and pollen filter goes... then keep the system running for a few minits after... makes teh smell go away good...
Old 02-22-07, 12:04 PM
DonCorleone
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

a good cleaning usually takes care of most odors, and that means removal of seats and steam cleaning the carpet, seats and cleaning seat belts and all that jazz.

for smoke, this product called zep smoke eliminator worked for me. you can find it at home depot.

had a van that i inherited and it stank like smoke, we had it professionally steam cleaned by a family friend and it still smelled like smoke, read about zep smoke eliminator on a detailing forum and gave it a try, sprayed it everywhere and the smoke smell was gone. used a lot on the minivan and still had over half a can left.

also agree with the other posters, the ventilation system can contribute to the stink.