Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

How to remove paint from my door???

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-01, 02:01 PM
his_eminence
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove paint from my door???

My apartment complex has absolutely horrendous parking, so I was forced to park way in the front far away from my actual apartment one night. The next morning I went out to my GS to leave and did a walk aroun as I always do. Everything looked fine until I got to the passenger side and OH MY GOD THERE IS RED PAINT ON MY DOOR!!! It looks like someone's bumper grazed my door covering an area of about 2in by 2 in. Luckily there is no dent and there only seems to be a transfer of paint from the other car to mine, so there was no paint loss on my part. I was able to get a good portion of it off by just licking my thumb and rubbing on it. There is more there though and I need to get it off so I need the best stuff out there to do the job. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could use what steps I need to take to avoid ruining my paint job??? Thanks in advance.

Chris
Old 11-14-01, 03:16 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey man....sorry to hear about the red paint.
I don't know of any stuff (right off the top of my head) that will get the rest of the paint out, but before u go and try rubbing it off, etc. make sure u at least wash the area (if not the whole car). If u dont do this, u will most likely make tiny scratches in the paint b/c when u just rub the body, that is like washing ur car w/o water, and the dirt will scratch ur paint. U could just try to wash it very thoroughly and see if it helps. I would also recommend just going down to ur local parts store (advanced auto parts, etc.) and looking through their car cleaners, etc. Hope this helps, and let sus know what u use and how it turns out.
Old 11-14-01, 04:52 PM
Goods
Driver

I get the same thing happening to me ... I had two long .. about a foot long ... paint marks on my bumper.

I just bought a bottle of Maguir's cleaner and wax liquid. Put some on a clean cloth .. and rub hard.

Good luck.
Old 11-14-01, 06:26 PM
his_eminence
Rookie

Thanks...I'll give it a try and see what happens...
Old 11-15-01, 06:58 AM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Cleaner Wax

Good's advice should do the trick as most cleaner waxes are clear coat safe & contain very mild abrasives to remove problems such as U have. Meguairs Cleaner Wax is quite good as well.